cannabis effect fertility?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by PrincessSmokes1, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hey everyone out there :)

i'm new to this site, and this is my first post. :hello:

I just wondering what your thoughts on cannabis effecting mens fertility?

do you guys think it effects womens as well?

I've had a friend say her and her ex husband quit smoking for like 3 months and she winded up getting pregnant....:confused:

happy toking :smoke:

2. Search StormCrow and look down her list. I'm sure there will be something on it

3. thanks! will do. :)

4. The links to smoking weed and fertility are inconclusive, but there is a least some studies that have found some correlations with men's fertility that I know of.

I got a sperm count check once before I smoked and it was at 20% the norm. Then later, after years of smoking my sperm count was off the charts. So... that's probably a fluke, but at least I know it probably isn't lowering my count.

5. Even if it does lower sperm count for most people that's less chance of getting someone pregnant. If you're in a relationship trying to get pregnant just stop for a week or two. But like the other guy said I think the studies are inconclusive

6. Yeah, my husband and I have been trying a little less than a year, and my friend brought that to my attention and wondered if it were true, now to convince him to stop for a little bit :rolleyes:

7. Supposedly it stunts sperms effectiveness, Im not sure about women though, i got two kids and smoke heavily, and only had unprotected sex literally a handful of times. So its hard to say each individual probably responds differently to it,

8. Hes a heavy smoker, I did convince him to quit smoking cigarettes :hello: which probably helped alot.

I dont think he'll ever stop smoking though...:devious:

9. There's nothing really substantial, but I've heard and read many things that have linked weed to low sperm counts and infertility-- which is great when you don't want kids. :D

10. Ive heard stuff about it but never paid mind to it, until about a year ago when we decided we wanted one, which now officially SUCKS:mad:

11. Keep trying.
    I was told 3 years ago that I will never be able to get pregnant because of medical issues. I got pregnant. I lost my child, but I was able to get pregnant. It'll end up happening when you least expect it, and in the meantime, just enjoy the act of trying! If you're stressing yourself out too much, it's just going to be harder, take longer and make you even more depressed and frustrated about it.

12. Yeah, everyone told me that so I haven't really thought of it until a couple of weeks ago, when I heard that primal call to be a mother. :rolleyes:

Doesn't help im super impatient, but i've been focusing on work and stuff. keeping busy.

13. whoa...that's terrible :(

14. :( I agree, strong woman.

15. I've heard that it doesn't really make a difference but idk.

I smoke weed all the time and still got my girlfriend pregnant

16. Were you guys trying?

17. nah we weren't trying

18. :love:
    Life sometimes likes to throw us curveballs, tests of strength and willpower. I said this in another thread, I believe all of life is just a series of temporary experiences. There's strength in all of us-- we're all still here, right?! That itself can speak volumes about someone. You keep truckin' through, no matter what gets thrown at you; moving forward to the next temporary experience, and then the next, and the next. As long as you don't stop (suicide) then I consider everyone who is still here and still fighting to be a strong person.

19. I had smoked nearly daily for three years. A few months after I quit, whenever I got horny when I was asleep, I would end up having wet dreams. Now this is over a year later, I smoke max once a week and it has never happened since. Maybe I'm not or was not done growing? But weed sure as hell effected my sperm one way or another!

20. its awesome to see someone as positive as you :hello: and I definitely agree with everything you just said.