Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Culture Myths & Urban Legends.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Interrupted., May 7, 2008.

1. This is not a thread about marihuana myths regarding health issues (memory loss, mental damage, etc.) or the myths behind 420. I can easily find those online. This is about the cannabis culture's superstitions, myths, and urban legends.

Example: White lighter is bad luck.
    DEA is behind medical marihuana.

If you know the history or reason behind the myth or superstition please feel free to write it.

Thanks.

2. why are u spelling marijuana with an h

theres a rumor that the dea is responsible for mmj? ive never heard that before.

high im hi

3. one sort of myth i was just talking to my friend about is that holding a hit in as long as you can gets you higher
    some people say the longer the higher you get
    some people say that it doesnt matter after about 5 seconds, holding it in longer than that is just smoke in your lungs

but EYE DEE KAY

sometimes i hold it in sometimes i does not

4. When I went to get my medical recommendation, the doctor had a book that spelled marihuana with an H. I liked it and decided to do that.

As for the rumor, I heard it from some guy at school. He was fucking stoned and drunk but I loved it so much that I chose to use it as an example.

5. lol sounds like a faded persons theory. i think if the dea were behind mmj they would cut back on all the pointless arrests they make for it

6. The longer you hold it in, the higher you will become.

7. Well, the guy had a very limited understanding of the system. He knew that you could register with the state, but he felt it was mandatory. So, he believed that the government is tracking names and whenever you go to a dispensary, they log you. If you buy a lot of dank or plants, they report you to the DEA and boom! Arrest.

It's a stupid conspiracy theory.

8. Cause In spanish it´s actually marihuana, dumbasses tried to make it sound all latin and scary and then spelt it wrong (look up mariHuana tax act 1937 for example).

I´ve heard that when your hitting a bong or grav if you don´t hit it in a couple of seconds, like 5 or 10, the smoke gets cool and can condense, thus leaving less THC for you to get high off of.

9. I have heard when i was reading about the cannabis tax act of 1937 that the word marihuana is a slang term that is disrespectful and descriminative towards mexicans, i dont know if that is true persay but i have started not using the term just to be respectful in case it is actually descriminative.

10. All the THC in your lungs is absorbed after 4-7 seconds, therefore, hold it in longer=lack of O2. As for myths, how about...

Marijuana causes cancer

Marijuana is worse than cigarettes

If you smoke weed, you're supporting satan

11. Quad stacked extasy pills are bomb.
    Acid can be faxed.
    THC Worms can be smoked and you get wrecked.
    ^^THC Worms exist.

12. not true, i read somewhere that majority of the THC is absorbed into your system the first second it enters your lung, or something along those figures so holding it really does jack shit.

the only reason i can think of it making you feel "higher" is the fact that ur pretty much suffocating your self with smoke.

13. False

False

and Super False

14. pot is the gateway drug...lies lies..

15. <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td align="right" valign="top">Arabic:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">ماريحوانا</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">Chinese (Simplified):</td> <td align="left" valign="top">大麻</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">Chinese (Traditional):</td> <td align="left" valign="top">大麻</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Czech:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Danish:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Dutch:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Estonian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuaana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Finnish:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">French:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marijuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">German:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">das Marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Greek:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">μαριχουάνα</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Hungarian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuána</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Icelandic:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">maríúana, gras</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Indonesian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">ganja</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Italian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marijuana</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td align="right" valign="top">Japanese:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">マリファナ</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Korean:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">마리화나</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Latvian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Lithuanian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Norwegian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana, hasj</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Polish:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">Portuguese (Brazil):</td> <td align="left" valign="top">maconha</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">Portuguese (Portugal):</td> <td align="left" valign="top">maconha</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Romanian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marijuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Russian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">марихуана</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Slovak:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Slovenian:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Spanish:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marihuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Swedish:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">marijuana</td></tr> <tr><td align="right" valign="top">Turkish:</td> <td align="left" valign="top">esrar, marihuana</td></tr></tbody></table>

16. Why can't we just call it Cannabis. Marijuana is a slang word that has negative connotations associated with it.

17. medical studies have been pointing to about 90-95% of thc absorbtion happening in the first few seconds of an inhale, anything beyond that just allows more tar and crap to accumulate in your lungs

18. Any links?

Oh, yeah. Some dude gave me negative rep for spelling marihuana with an H. He tells me to learn how to spell. Fucking funny.