Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Depression Cannabis and Depression

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Cannabird, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Weed and playing with friends helps me fight depression

3. #23 govermint, Jul 20, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    I'm not a medical professional, but I can provide some general information.

Cannabis affects people differently, and while some individuals may find relief from depression, others may experience increased anxiety and emotional distress when using it. If cannabis is making your depression worse, it might be best to avoid using it during challenging times.

If someone's considering CBD for this purpose, it's essential to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the right dosage and suitability for your specific situation.
    In this regard, I can recommend riviamind, where I have personally been a client for several months, due to more serious problems that cannot be solved with CBD.

4. #24 madhossion, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    Remember, there's no one-size-fits-all solution, so take your time in finding what brings you comfort and support. Wishing you brighter days ahead!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. #25 NicholasHoffman, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
    I can relate to the struggles you're facing. Cannabis affects people differently when it comes to depression. For some, it provides temporary relief, while for others, it can exacerbate anxiety and emotions. When dealing with personal issues, it's essential to gauge how cannabis affects you individually. If it's making things worse, taking a break might be a good idea. Sometimes, talking to a mental health professional can also be beneficial. Remember, mental health matters, and there's a mental health hotline number that you can reach out to if needed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dealing with depression is tough, and it's commendable that you're seeking ways to cope. It's interesting how weed affects people differently, and I'm sorry to hear that it seems to exacerbate your anxiety and emotions. In my experience, it really depends on the person. Some find relief and relaxation, while others, like you, might feel the opposite during tough times. It's okay to take a break if you feel it's making things worse. Self-care is key, and it's crucial to find what works best for you.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I appreciate your openness about dealing with depression. It's a journey that many of us can relate to, and finding effective coping mechanisms is crucial. It's fascinating how cannabis affects individuals differently. While some find it to be a source of relaxation, others, like yourself, may experience heightened anxiety.