Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis affects

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Roseann, Dec 22, 2022.

1. I have been smoking about an ounce a month of cannabis over the past year. I have lost a significant amount of weight and sweat every single night. I have never been a fan of cannabis, but I decided to use it a year ago so I didn't have to take pain pills and Xanax. It has helped me get off many unhealthy medications for my brain and body. I grew up in the LDS church, so of course, marijuana was bad, but medications are okay if prescribed by a doctor. Switching to marijuana has left me questioning my beliefs and leaving me feeling like a bad mother and business owner because I use cannabis. I worry I use to much cannabis but my partner says I am so much easier to be around now. My relationship with him is better than ever. I still can't shake this feeling that I am doing something horribly wrong by smoking.

2. God made weed, don't fool yourself. Man made weed illegal for their own benefit. Read up on it. Big pharma back in the day spread lies and discredited weed for profit.

Genesis 1:29-30
    Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed

Genesis 1:11-12
    Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them”; and it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you for saying that. I need reasurance because I am surrounded by people in the recovery program, so it makes me feel guilty. Beliefs that are pushed on you at such a young age definitely can affect you years later when you are trying to do good things for your health.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I was raised Pentecostal, just have to find your happy medium. Researching many religions helped me understand or come to grasp with more important things Hinduism is awesome. Also realized only reason I was Christian or whatever is because I was born in a Christian nation theres too many religions out there to count were just one of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cannabis relieves my pain better then opioids which is my other choice.
    Opioids are known to cause constipation which is the last thing I need with my medical history.
    :) it was an easy choice.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. [​IMG]
    check the local link give it a scan Marijuana - Assassin of Youth by H. J. Anslinger
    indeed weed in the usa is most scandalous ....lol, but if the lawmakers can change why not your peeps too...?

chill.... follow ya man and welcome to GC

good luck

• Like Like x 1

7. There's nothing wrong with smoking that much especially if it helps with pain,I smoke/eat more then an Oz an month easily because I'm in chronic pain...

If I had things my way I'd just smoke 24/7 instead of having to take 400+ meds last time I counted a month lol

• Like Like x 3
  8. If it works for you don't worry about what others think. Don't overdo it. Set some limits on yourself. Don't advertise it is a personal thing. Don't buy off the black market. Grow your own or buy from a reputable dealer. You want to know what you are smoking.

Using a dry herb vaporizer is a healthier way of smoking

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I know how you feel especially with the recovery folks. My sister is in recovery from marijuana and it's a very 12 step atmosphere every time I see her. I still feel watched by her although I don't see her often. I shunned weed for years tho bc I watched what it did to my sister. It was NOT good for her. Of course she could have been using the wrong strains but who knows. My point is, everyone is different. Weed was one of the best things I ever did for myself, but I still feel guilty sometimes lol but I fight it. It wasn't just my sister...everyone in my life hated it or looked at me like I was a loser. It was always the attitude that weed is for dummies lol, such a stiigma! Nancy Reagan, "Just say no"? Yeah I give you that. Just say no to Reefer Madness type attitudes and don't worry about it. Smoke your weed. You'll feel better and then you won't care about that stress anymore. It's no sin. It's all natural, God Given Green Goodness!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I mean, to be quite frank there are very few objective "rights" and "wrongs". You can look at it many ways, some say its wrong to smoke because it's illegal, depending on where you live. Some believe it's so wrong that they made it illegal. Others believe it's not wrong due to it being natural and its benefits. Some say it's not wrong because it doesn't result in bad side effects, both physiologically and mentally.
    Regardless of ones stance, it has to be supported by valid reasons. In your case, it causes you night sweats and weight loss, which you seem to not like. Looking at this logically, I'd say these have to be physiological responses to your mental state as weed naturally enhances ones appetite which subsequently causes weight gain. Moreover, the act of smoking violates your faith. That's something you personally have to work through but keep in mind many Christians in many denominations smoke. A pastor may help on this one.
    Alternatively, smoking, or rather it's effects, have helped you get off many medications. Therefore it does have multiple benefits. It's even enhanced your relationship.
    If you want my opinion I don't think it's wrong at all, but that's up to you to decide. So ask yourself, do the health benefits outweigh the side effects? Are the side effects a byproduct of your beliefs about weed as opposed to a purely biochemical effect? Why has your relationship benefited from weed? And most importantly, why do you think smoking would make you a bad person when it seems like you're a caring and successful person. You sure do hold morals to a high regard and that speaks volumes. Answering the previous questions might shed some light on your convictions.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. cannabis plant is literally as essential to man in many many ways ..... by essential I mean that the metabolism of cannabis supports pathways in our cells that rely on lipid metabolites from diet - Cannabinoid receptors / endocannabinoid system ( ECS) .
    the actives in cannabis are lipids ... our cells absorb them and make signaling communication amongst trillions of cells that make up the ECS.
    cannabis seeds = essential fatty acids
    cannabis roots- essential amino acids
    cannabis phytocannabinoids ( THC/CBD) = essential fatty acyls
    cannabis terpenes - essential oils

with actual biochemistry we can only prove that metabolism of cannabis supports our cells and helps us to survive in the world .
    to help out look into - Severe Endocannabinoid deficiencies - link
    Severe Endocannabinoid deficiencies at DuckDuckGo
    ingesting cannabis helps with that condition

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1