Cannabinoids, like those found in marijuana, occur naturally in human breast milk Le

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Tiny Mids Blunt, Jul 24, 2012.

1. My only problem with this report is the fact that in the second sentence, they state that "human breast milk naturally contains many of the same cannabinoids found in marijuana." No, no it does not. We do not make cannabinoids that are chemically identical to marijuana's. That would imply that humans have the metabolic pathways to create THC.

Cannabinoids, like those found in marijuana, occur naturally in human breast milk

2. I think the reference to cannabinoids our body produces is of those inactive(as far as we know) types that are also found in marijuana and not the main one that interests most of us,,THC,,and although we may not recognize the benefits yet,,science is looking at it at an ever growing rate,,it is one of the reasons prohibition is falling apart,,our bodies are made for cannabis and interact with a lot more than just the THC.:D

3. The obvious hyperbole was intended. My point was that just because two chemicals bind at the same receptor (cannabis' vs. human cannabinoids), that doesn't mean they are structurally identical. Also, the cannabinoids that humans make through their endocrine and endocannabinoid systems are active (molecules like anandamide and vihrodamine). If they were inactive, what would be the body's point in producing them? :smoke:

4. I agree. From what I understand, the cannabinoids in marijuana are similar to endocannabinoids, but are not the same.

Even this sentence is a stretch...

All arguments about evolution vs. intelligent design aside, I don't think the cannabinoid receptors in our bodies evolved (or were designed) to process THC. I think they evolved to process endocannabinoids, and that the existence of similar cannabinoid substances in marijuana is either a lucky coincidence, or a case of "co-evolution".

5. Dudes, why are you getting all molecular on us? Preaching to the choir here in the City; debatificating a point that intrigues you is a good way to solidify your mental perspective on it though. Some might even conjecture that in the lab experiment of the cosmos that is Earth, it's within the realm of possibility that we are the mice who must find a way to get the cheese that is marijuana through the maze of society and religion. With that thought in mind, we could also be the same mice being fattened up for feeding to the snake of some other experiment we are unaware of.

6. Cannabinoids found naturally in breast milk are similar to synthetic cannabinoids that cause major physical and mental health issues in people............better stop breast feeding?!?!?

7. Who mentioned anything about synthetic cannabinoids? Wait... what? :confused:

8. No, no they're not.

Humans produce endocannabinoids.

Plants produce phytocannabinoids.

Synthetics (actually you meant rc's, a synthetic would be structurally identical to the phytocannabinoid) are neither of the two.

Good post op.

9. So... basically people have the ability to deal with THC naturally in there system, its like we were men't to consume these plants. Natures natural remedy?

10. Yes they are - a "cannabinoid" activates cannabinoid receptors, of which all endocananbinoids, phytocannabinoids and synthetic cannabinoids are just various classifications of, so in that respect, my actual statement holds true. I just threw that in as an example of why it's not realistic to compare the human endocannabinoids with the cannabinoids one gets from weed.

11. yet another reason to breast feed, awesome :)

This totally explains the blissed out stupor babies get after a good nursing session, they just hit the mamabong!

12. #12 kd0G420, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    Even if some of this information is exaggerated... Who cares? For once it is exaggerated in out favor. :smoke:

Edit: I can't wait to show my mom. Lol she is a nurse manager (or something) at a hospital and a huge proponent of breast feeding. She also HATES weed.

13. they are all cannabinoids.

there are MANY and many that we don't know about. flavonoids and all of it work synergystically to heal

14. Our bodies do create cannabinoids... They aren't Delta-9 or the same as those found in Marijuana, however our bodies do naturally create a form of a cannabinoid.

15. I can just see the headlines.

Tonight on News@9: Federal Law Makers to Ban Breast Milk!

16. I'd like to see them try :)

17. Takes 3x bong rips.... Ok I understand it now! I actuallyet did tjis lmfao

18. "Anyone caught manufacturing said 'breast milk,' or in possession of said 'breast milk' (that includes you, newborns), will be subject to a minimum of 6 months in prison and $1500 fee."

Seriously though, it's sad that I can legitimately see that happening.