Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Cannabidiol different from marijuana, cannabis and hemp

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by ElianHays@, Mar 15, 2022.

1. #1 ElianHays@, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    Hey everyone, recently I read an article about how is cannabidiol different from marijuana, cannabis, and hemp.
    And there are many around me talking cannabidiol is better in case of consumption than marijuana.
    so recently I had health issues.
    so Can I Take CBD?
    Or is it safe for health?

2. it's only cannabis plant ... cannabis creates different compounds throughout its linage ... they are all cannabis plant compounds .
    the Therapeutic index for cannabis is 50,000 to 1 ... it is very safe ... the active compounds in the plant are lipid molecules

3. You can purchase hemp cbd containing no thc. Other cbd is suppose to carry no more than 0.3% thc.

4. Are u using presently?
    yes ,so how it affect your health?

5. cannabis is literally essential to man . the lipids in cannabis add neuroplasticity to your brain structure ... that means , more brain protection, more neuronal pathways, more maintaining of teh pathways that are already there , more adaptation, more cellular learning

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Firstly you have to understand what,s the differing among all terms:
    THC
    is the drug in the cannabis plant that activates the CB1 receptors in your brain to get you "high". Also it activates to a lessor extent, the CB2 receptors involved with the immune system and the G-couple receptor, GPR-18 which is involved in neuroprotection. In "raw" cannabis most of the THC is found in the acidic form, THCA, that can't get you high- it needs to be aged or heated to transform the THCA into THC. THC comes in several varieties, Delta 9 THC is the most common type in "marijuana", while a second, less common and milder, form of THC is Delta 8 THC.

CBD is a drug in the cannabis plant that activates the 5-HT1A , TRPV-2, GPR18 and GPR119 receptors, and is an antagonist (blocker) of CB1 and CB2, GPR – 55, a negative allosteric modulator of CB1 (changes the effects of THC), inverse agonist (blocks and reverses the effects) to GPR-3, GPR-6 and GPR-12. CBD does not get you high, but has a calming effect and prevents seizures. Like THC, most CBD is tied up as the acidic form, CBDA, in "raw" cannabis.

"Marijuana" is a slang term for any variety of the plant Cannabis sativa that contains "high" levels of THC (above 0.3%). The word "Marijuana" was used to stigmatize cannabis by linking it to the 1930s racist fear of Mexicans, and later to blacks.

"Hemp" is a term for a commercial variety of Cannabis sativa that contains low levels of THC (below 0.3%), while CBD levels vary greatly. Most hemp is grown for fiber and seeds, but some are used in CBD products.

CBD is best way for health issues, it take under health experts prescription. Because it can affect brain if take overdosage.

7. Nice copy and paste….
    .31% THC is in no way considered “high THC”. That’s merely an arbitrary number that some state official pulled out of thin air. It’s actually under debate right now wether or not to raise that number considerably, maybe as high as 3%.
    What we have witnessed with our clients throughout the years is this:
    CBD needs the synergistic effect of THC, CBG, and the other cannabinoids to really unleash the medical properties that the cannabis plant possesses. Sure, hemp based CBD (less than .3%) has benefits on its own, but they can be limiting, and what most people we sell to react the best with is higher THC levels to compliment it. Another key factor are the terpene profiles of a given strain. They will also add to the entourage effect of the combination of compounds, providing well rounded relief from a multitude of ailments.
    One of our best selling medical strains is called Honeybells. It usually tests around 7% THC and 8% CBD with 2-3% terpene levels. It will provide a low level high with awesome medicinal properties. It destroys pain in most clients and is a sleep aid to all who take it. We also have a 5% THC and 9% CBD that we just came out with. It also has high terpene levels and at 5% THC it will have minimal amounts of euphoria.
    To the OP, if you are in an area that cannabis is still illegal then stick with the over the counter CBD. But be warned, there is a bunch of low quality product being sold out there. If you have access to a legal dispensary that specializes in truly medicinal cannabis products then go see them and discuss what you are looking for.
    So, either way, just get that into your system.
    It really is beneficial to your health and well being :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yes, I read many articles about these topics, but when I see my nearby who use marijuana for medical purposes, somewhere they are using it as an addiction. I don't know how much reality is in this but they are looked addicted. The main fear in my mind is when I will use it, I will addicted to marijuana.

9. IMG_20220518_193057.jpg

This is a strain called thunder struck
    It is 10% thc, 15% cbd
    I use this for sleep and anti inflammatory

My wife began using this in chocolates I made
    She had a root canal and finally gave in and tried some for pain and sleep
    She dosed high because of the pain and was asleep for 12 hours
    Reported being fuzzy from the high dose but recovered quickly

I now make her chocolates for daily use
    She gets some pain relief and better sleep
    She cut down the ibuprofen and no longer uses Ambien
    They make her sleepy like a pharmaceutical but its easier to wake up

My wife uses nothing illicit, not even legal like caffeine so for her to use this daily says a lot for these strains
    Ambien was her one and only vice and she only used it because she does overnights

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Cannabis is NOT physically addicting. Never was. Use as much as you want for as long as you want and stop with zero issues. People can become mentally addicted to water. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have been so addicted to water for the longest time ... after I quit smoking cigs I figured out water has Taste !!! Now I appreciate that over all wash of clean pure water going into mu system ,,, cannot live without it ! totally addicted

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Cannabidiol, or CBD, is indeed distinct from marijuana and cannabis. While they all come from the same plant family, they have different levels of THC, the psychoactive compound.

As for whether you can take CBD for your health issues, it's important to consider a few things. CBD has gained popularity for its potential benefits, but it's always wise to consult a healthcare professional to ensure it's safe and suitable for your specific situation.