Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna oil help! Dosage?!?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Wrestlervape, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Hey, I have a g of high quality bud cannaoil. I already have it made and it was one full gram of quality bud.

How much should u cosume if I just want a buzz. All I want is to feel chill and relax, not blazed, because I'm going to a party with strict parents. It's next week so I need to know relatively soon.

How much canna oil should I have to get a buzz and relax if the canna oil is 1 gram of good bud. Should I have .25, .5, .75????

ALL I WANT IS A BUZZ AND TO BE RELAXED.

Thanks

2. all of it, even that might not give you the buzz your looking for. Edibles work kinda wierd, how dark is your oil

3. Just smoke instead and save the oil for another time.

4. He already made the oil

5. I should also say that when I smoke, I get high off of one hit from bowl. My tolerance is VERY low. So I sure I shouldnt use the whole g. Any other suggestions?

Also I am doing this because I have asthma and it is really bad for me to smoke and I can't afford a vaporizer.

6. Pic of the cannaoil? That will give me an idea of how strong it is

7. I don't have a way to upload pics. Can u just assume it's strong because I can always take more if I need it, because I want to play it safe.

8. Take about a quarter of it, and keep the rest safe. You can take more if needed. If its extreamly dark, take less of it. Like a tenth or so. Some people overdo these things, but if you take a little, you'll get that confertable feeling.

Some people with higher tolerence need more, but if you don'ty often smoke you should be fine.

9. ^^ yeah Mabye half tho. A g of canna oil would not get me high

10. I would think that it's what's in your stomach, no food =a better high.

11. #11 BadKittySmiles, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
    There is no way for anyone to tell you the correct dose, without knowing your processing methods. Processing is just as crucial to determining the correct dose, if not more so, than your personal tolerance. :) For instance, 'worst-case-scenario' edibles such as the firecracker and quickie-oils, require much more herb in order to achieve the same, or a lesser effect, versus a properly, patiently-made oil using the same quality herb.

An edible can be more effective than smoking. When made properly, you should need to eat much less. But if under or over processed, it will require more than you'd usually smoke.

Depending how you went about making your oil, the entire amount could, in this order: A) do nothing at all, B) do very little, C) it could be perfect, D) it could be FAR-FAR TOO strong (depending on your daily smoke-intake).... and finally, it could have been over-processed, and it may have started to degrade, in which case depending on the severity, you begin to go backwards until you reach 'nothing at all', again.

If it helps, a common dispensary edible dose when made from flowers and frosty leaves (versus hash, or just frost-trim), is between 0.20 - 0.35 g.

Without certain processing information, your guess is as good as ours. :) Just start slow, and only have more if after 40 - 60 minutes you still feel comfortable... if you know that you have a low tolerance, just to be on the safe side, wait at least 60 minutes before consuming any more. And if you're feeling 'something, that second portion, should be smaller than the first.

Good luck!

12. would a tbsp of oil work for one person?

13. I'd go back to the original few answers; edibles are weird. Twenty years ago I could gut a dime bag of good weed and be high in a great, mellow way for four hours. In my 40s, and a hundred pounds heavier, nothing I've eaten since resuming mj use (MMJ for me) has touched me at all.

I would mix it with some cocoa and some sugar and make a nice sweet paste. Then divvy the paste up by 4 and eat the first one or two. Wait about 40 minutes if you were moderately hungry to begin with, longer if you had eaten recently. If you're not there yet, eat 1 to 2 more, and repeat as needed.

Me, I'd just chow the whole thing and hope I would get high, and have a backup ready for puffing as needed.

*Tokes.*