Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna cream cheese

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Kaboose420, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Okay so I did a vauge search and couldn't find any results pertaining to what I'm trying to figure out.

I have a few great ideas for some really tasty edibles involving cream cheese but am not quite sure the best way to go about infusing the cream cheese itself. I've considered using a double boiler method like with chocolate but am not sure how it would affect taste and consistency of the cream cheese. I've also considered maybe using some sort of tincture but not sure how that would work either.

I guess the best teacher is trial and error but does anybody have any previous experience with this or some suggestions to throw at me before I start experimenting?

2. If you'd rather not destroy the flavor and integrity of your cream cheese during processing (which by the way, would be a very inferior solvent for cannabis glandular material anyhow!), you're much better off infusing either coconut oil for a highly effective 'medible'. Coconut oil, with it's high saturated fat content and the larger ratio of medium-chain triglycerides, is an ideal solvent for cannabis glandular material, and the most highly effective oil source for promoting bioavailability or absorption that you can find.
    Or, if you'd really like it to only be adulterated with canna, rather than an oil that would not usually be found in cream cheese, then just use clarified butter, for a traditional 'gourmedible', where milk fat is already present in cream cheese, but you would be using butter at the cost of some strength/perceived potency.

Once you make your oil, whether it's with butter or pure milk fat, then it's just a matter of blending it with warmed or room-temp cream cheese.

We've done similar for hashed salmon cracker and chream cheese hors d'oeuvres, and for those strange, but oddly tasty Americanized sushi rolls. :)

3. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

If you'd rather not destroy the flavor and integrity of your cream cheese during processing (which by the way, would be a very inferior solvent for cannabis glandular material anyhow!), you're much better off infusing either coconut oil for a highly effective 'medible'. Coconut oil, with it's high saturated fat content and the larger ratio of medium-chain triglycerides, is an ideal solvent for cannabis glandular material, and the most highly effective oil source for promoting bioavailability or absorption that you can find.
    Or, if you'd really like it to only be adulterated with canna, rather than an oil that would not usually be found in cream cheese, then just use clarified butter, for a traditional 'gourmedible', where milk fat is already present in cream cheese, but you would be using butter at the cost of some strength/perceived potency.

Once you make your oil, whether it's with butter or pure milk fat, then it's just a matter of blending it with warmed or room-temp cream cheese.

We've done similar for hashed salmon cracker and chream cheese hors d'oeuvres, and for those strange, but oddly tasty Americanized sushi rolls. :)[/quote]

Just the person I was hoping to hear from! I had considered using a coconut oil infusion to blend with the cream cheese but I wasn't sure how it would affect the consistency of it, perhaps if I just made a potent batch of oil and blended with a decent amount of cream cheese it would still hold it's consistency well.
    Btw I love sushi :wave:

One of the choice edibles I had been wanting to make is a simple blend of cream cheese and oreos, which is then cooled so that it can be molded into balls about an inch in diameter and frozen. Then you melt down some chocolate or peanut butter or whatever you like and drizzle it over the top of them.

While typing this I had just though of something else, perhaps I could make some canna peanut butter or canna chocolate instead of infusing the cream cheese. And instead of drizzling it onto them I could simply dip them into it and set to harden on wax paper. Or better yet put them on sticks for some tasty oreo cannapops! :cool: