Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna Catering 18-20 Dose Canna Butter Question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cannabutterbro, Oct 21, 2013.

1. #1 Cannabutterbro, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    Hello there, I recently purchased a second jar of Canna Catering's 4oz, 18-20 dose, 340 Mg THC, canna butter, and was wondering if anyone has used this butter.

With my first jar, I used only half of the butter (approximately 2 oz/ or half a bar of butter) for a batch of Rice Krispies treats and cut them into 8 square portions. I slowly let the butter melt and turn into a total liquid and followed the recipe, but the Rice Krispies didn't hit at all.

I also made a batch of brownies substituting butter for oil and you could taste the butter but it did not hit.

I was wondering if I should instead use the whole jar or butter (1 stick) for the batch of 8.

I did some loose and rough calculations, given that that the butter was mixed evenly throughout the batter, that with half a jar of this butte, 2oz, that per square I would only have around 20mg of THC edible which seems really small being that an average high takes at least 40.

So those of you have cooked with this butter or may know some info, should I use the whole jar? Or will I need a jar in a half (stick in a half)?

One last question, I heard that cooking at or above 350 degrees F is too high when using canna butter, is this true and should I stay at a lower temperature such as 300 and increase baking time?

Too Long To Read: Should I use a full stick of canna Catering's canna butter (340 Mg THC) when making edibles or more? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

2. It seems like most problems with edibles - both good and bad problems - are related to dosing. If it takes you 40 mg to get the the desired effect, and the butter says a single dose is 20 mg, then you need to double that dose.

Not referring specifically to this post, but generally speaking anyone who says 'edibles don't work for me' just isn't getting the right dose for one reason or another.