Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna butter with crockpot

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Deleted member 1078015, Nov 27, 2018.

1. #1 Deleted member 1078015, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2018
    today I’m going to try canna butter! I’d prefer to use my crockpot over stove top. Can I do this??

Been reading and watching many recipes..if anyone has one they wanna share I could use all the tips I can get!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The most important step is the decarb- prior to anything else decarb your bud at 240F for 40 minutes. Then no more than two hours in the crock pot. If you grind your cannabis very finely you can mix with your oil and then add to the recipe. Leaving the cannabis in the recipe makes a more potent product. Good luck! Enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok

• Like Like x 1
  4. I was thinking of doing this version
    How to Make Cannabutter for Edibles | Leafly

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I
    am going to try now:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Do I have to strain though? I don’t mind just using it all in the recipe I’m gonna use lol I hate wasting any

7. Straining is optional. Some people don't like the heavy Cannabis taste that leaving it in gives although it's strongest if unstrained. Some loss in overall power is inevitable with straining.
    Strained = rough grind
    Unstrained = fine grind

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Awesome thanks BNW!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I decarb my pot right in the oil so it captures all the terpenes and other oils that stink up your kitchen when you decarb in the oven.

Check out how I do it in my sig.

• Like Like x 2
  10. My butter looked a little odd from everyone else’s after I crumbled it a bit lol it felt ok and came out of the pan good though.
    Perhaps I didn’t let it cool long enough?.. only 2hrs in the fridge.

I just ate some cookies I made from it so we will see [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. and?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oops sorry lol I got so stoned I forgot to follow up. Yes they work great!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. so when making this, I've read not to throw your pruning's away for use in this process, but are they meaning pruning's during flower after trichomes have started showing along with bud cleaning clippings? or do they mean ALL pruning's during the life of the plant? just doesn't make sense keeping them all because I see nothing on them (trichome wise)so thought I'd ask.

14. You just want the sugar trim and popcorn buds when you harvest the plants. Bud too for really good batches.

Big fan leaves and any with no trichs can be composted, burned or juiced if you want as much medicine as possible off your plants.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yup what lab said. I also like to keep everything for weed tea:) I just put it in a tea ball and add mint . Not a super duper high but good enough for during the day when need something hot and low buzz

• Like Like x 3
  16. I forgot to ask you labrat about the way you do it. I’m not sure how to find it in your sig?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Made edibles twice now.. the first time I used too little and they were weak.
    The second time I upped the dosage and used a crockpot. Crockpot's are magical! So much easier and
    I can move the whole operation to the garage. My friend got so damn blitzed that I'm afraid to do it again. I had to walk him outside for hours showing him the local sights under a starry sky. Hours. Personally, I find it an odd thing because I prefer toking (working) for my high and besides that, I love doing chores while high.. Getting derailed by a cookie is definitely something else.

• Like Like x 2
  18. You just click on that How I Make Cocobudder link under this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. I don’t see anything to click on lol maybe I ate to many damn cookies

Attached Files: