candlestick : my psychedelic art

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by olives, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hey guys, I'm really into psychedelia in general. It's been something that I've studied a little bit (specifically the modern genre, New Weird America) and it's something that I always turn towards with my art. Right now I'm struggling with what my art does and what psychedelia is used for. For now though, I'm content with attempting to progress within my style.

I hope you guys dig it. Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

2. Man thats really good stuff, you should def keeps up with I see you going far. I really like how you drew the X

3. I can see that my style isn't exactly taking off here ... so, to all of you guys who have seen this and didn't dig it - what should I change? What don't you enjoy? Any personal observations would really help me out. Thanks guys.

4. I like the artwork. It is different, it looks simple, yet it is not. I may not even know what I'm talking about, but don't give up. I know nothing about art. The colors you chose have very nice contrast. I like it. :)

5. Thanks for the kind words, man. I appreciate your input.

Don't worry about this! An opinion on art is not about the knowledge of 'art' itself, but instead about one person's wholly individual experience with art. It's always lovely hearing what other people have to say.

6. that like 3rd grade drawing...
    sucks...
    srry but i had to say it

7. Technical proficiency is not the only qualifier to gauge art. But, don't worry, I understand that some people will think this is stupid because of its 'simplicity'. I'd hope that you'd be able to look beyond the simplicity and see that art is about more than the recreation of known objects - it's also about finding new experiences.

8. just a question, what is that on the bottom right? Not that it has to be something i just wondered

9. In the lower right - that is a feather. It's probably hard to actually read it as a feather, but that's what it was originally supposed to be.

10. Its cool i see what your trying to do, its just not really working on that painting. I think you should try working on doing a series of smaller canvases and instead of having all of those images randomly on one canvas blow them up each on one canvas.

this post probably didnt make sense, pm me if you care

lol