Cancer

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by stonedMonkey, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I just found out my mom has stage 4 cancer, and i was wondering if any other blades have had their parents get cancer. I have been very depressed/sad lately and wonder if you guys could give me some tips on how to cope with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Be there for your Mom...lost both my parents to lung cancer...be strong for her....

3. Man I wish your mother the best. That is something very tough to deal with. Are you a strong person in general?

4. My mother had breast cancer and was able to overcome it. She's been clean for a few years now.

Don't loose hope, be there for her, and above all keep on trying.

5. My mother died of cancer when I was a teenager.  I don't know how I dealt with it, but it was very difficult.   Just try to hang in there and be strong,  others have done it and so can you.   

6. My best friends mom who i knew well died from cancer, we were both 22-23. Just accept it i suppose. Take great appreciation in whats left.

7. #7 Blergs, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    I am very sorry to hear this...
    Is she open to Cannabis? I sure hope so, it kills cancer. It really does, many types.  she  should be on it asap, I rec oils taken by mouth, or fresh juiced cannabis plants every day. but anyway of getting it in her will help.

It might seem unrelated, but maybe it will help, > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K5BrDyRUVo

There is several parts to it, this is part 1------------^

Be strong for her!

8. Lol yeah she smokes weed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Start juicing multiple times a day, google: gerson method

10. #11 Furthurhead, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
    I am my father's caretaker, he has extensive stage small cell lung cancer and, well, it sucks.

I was numb for the first month or two then one night just had a huuuuuuuggggggggggeeee
    breakdown...man, I wept. Not cried so much as pwailed, silently for the most part, but wailed from deep down and then I stopped.

I collected myself, got a game plan together and continue to go forward every day. Been really lucky most of the time regarding side effects from chemo, but they come up sometimes and he does not, this far in, use cannabis to medicate...hes open to the discussion, but has not tried since college in the 60s.

As far as tips, best I can think of are:

*find a way to see the good every day-you're going to be in a fight w/the cancer, make sure you know why.

*consider enrollment in research studies if you can find any pertinent ones...many benefits to this such as quick treatment &feedback, free scans often, quick access to medical personal /quick entry at e.r. if neeed and so on

*do your research - it will help you accept what is going on if you understand what is going on and what to expect. In a way, even if a downgrade in healt occurs, if expected, it is almost comforting to be "new normal" if that makes sense

*take time to take care of yourself when you can,
    Your world may become crazy, especially if you become involved in ride provision (i know the hospital parking lot blindfolded now).

Be loving, be reasonable & be realistic...

11. My brother experienced cancer. 

Can't imagine what it must be like. 
    It never really clicked in my brain until now either, thanks for making this thread OP.

I love you bro! 

12. my best friend has stage 3 breast cancer,all you can really do is spend as much time as possible with them.
    i convinced him to start smoking regularly in hopes that it might slow down the cancer,i've been bringing him a gram a day for the past year now  :)

13. #14 Al XE the Bud, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
    Smoking is okay, but not going to cure stage 4 cancer in most cases.. Raw juice of cannabis high in CBD. CBD induces programmed cell death in damaged cells.
    Wish you all the best, OP.

EDIT: Try Harlequin, Trinity, God's Gift, Raspberry Kush, Sour Cheese, in that order of preference. Grow your own if possible. Harlequin is the highest-CBD strain that's available outside of research labs, as far as I know. And remember, raw and unheated, not smoke or vape or as baked goods.

14. feed her the right mushroom, turkey tail if breast cancer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWT09ZDqFlE

15. Sending love your way.. I'm sorry