Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cancer can suck my Joint!!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bigfatpothead, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Most of us knew but now there's evedence? Kickass, a step in the right direction for legalisation!

2. There's been evidence, but now it's a video that makes it easier to understand for those who are not versed in the biological lingo... that being said, it's always nice to see a video. What would be interesting to see is a culture of cancer and normal cells immunohistochemical-fluorescence stained for pro-apoptotic proteins at different times after administration of THC... That's what I would do, in any case. It certainly looks like apoptosis and that is a great sign.

Keep in mind that this is brain cancer, so THC would affect them due to the surface receptors they express. In other cancers, notably somatic cancers, THC might not affect them - it depends on whether or not they express CB surface receptors. However, a great many cancers do, so it is a novel and effective strategy nonetheless!

If I get cancer I hope it's one that can be treated this way! A partner research group here (with whom I worked for about a month and a half before moving to my current one) works with apoptosis and cancer therapies... maybe I can bring this idea up to them. :hello:

3. the sad thing is, cancer helps with population control, just like aids, we might have a cure for it but it will never be used.

4. scary thing is, your right cancer is huge population control and as much as i hate to say it almost nesacary

5. I hate people saying that we need population control like AIDS and cancer. While I understand where you guys are coming from, it is ultimately horrible. A good means of population control is just not having children. Why can't people just not have kids or have less? It's personal greed... you want a large family, but people need to make sacrifices, especially to save the planet.

Hemp oil seems to be able to cure most cancers, even those not located in the brain.

6. I think more cancers than not express the necessary receptors for cannabinoid action... I don't know for sure, so by no means quote me on that, but at the very least it's a significant percentage of cancers. From the business of research point of view: if it weren't a big market, very few would bother continuing research on this.

If you attend university, go look through the e-journals and records that you can, just do a search for "THC" and "cancer" and you can find a lot of interesting things...

Just my $.02

7. Do you have a big joint? like an 18.8 orr.....slightly "smaller" like a 14.5? haha just playin. Thats fuckin cool

8. You have all given me a brilliant idea, i think i'll start growing TONS of hemp and give it away / sell it for the postage price, for the UK that is. :D
    Anyone know the legality status of Hemp in the United Kingdom?