canada

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Applegarth, Mar 4, 2009.

1. where at in Canada is it legal and such

2. it's not.

3. I'm not from Canada, but I'm sure when I went to Toronto last year my uncle said it was legal there? I dunno, correct me if I am wrong please.

4. I'm from BC, Canada, and I can say it is definately not legal but it is substantially decriminilized compared to the US. We have medical marijuana and I have heard but cannot confirm that you can grow up to 8? plants for personal use.

But know this, if you are walking down the street or are in a public place toking up and a cop does spot you.. your green is gone like that. If it is under an ounce I believe its just taken along with your information. My friend has lost his $60 bong that was in his bag because some dick pulled over beside us (as we were walking) and basically started interrogating us and then wanting to know whats in my friends bag. His reasoning was he was on the lookout for a stolen purse (The fuck? Usually by the time a cop would get on a case like a stolen purse... or ANY case mind you, the suspect would have ripped through it and taken all valuables). Anyways my friend got his big bong taken and I got away with nothing, even though I had a dime in my pocket and shit.

So yar... it is not legal here and is sure as fuck not regulated.

5. Not legal in Canada unfortunately.
    I got caught once smoking a doobie outside my residence by the cops and I would have been taken in to the station but I was under 18 at the time so by the Youth Criminal Justice Act Canada I was my parents problem still.
    They called my parents and the record got automatically wiped when I turned 18 (3 weeks later. Fuck yeah, thank gosh)

6. There was a law passed a few years back (2003 I believe) where an individual could have a certain amount in possession without being criminally charged.

That didn't last too long though...

It is legal by prescription.