Canada shouldnt have passed this law...

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Magiggle, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I do not know very much about this C-10 bill or what it really stands for in terms of simply getting caught by the cops burning one, but if this seriously means that you could go to jail for just smokin and nothing else that is seriously fucked up.

Im in dental school and if I have a criminal record that will mean I'm kicked out...ruin my future for no good fucking reason at all.

2. fuck the police! i need to move to the netherlans

3. #43 Lovesmyreligion, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    I want to move to Canada when I'm done with college, hopefully they don't pass more laws and try to make it like the U.S. I doubt it though, seems like Canadians are much more relaxed about it, not so much ignorance up there from what I've heard/seen compared to here in the U.S. but still that's a fucked up law

4. Canadians are great, Conservatives are not. As long as Harper is in power expect more US style governing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a by-election tho :smoke:

5. That's the truth, people here act like Obama's the devil. They forgot who put the U.S in a bad spot in the first place & point fingers at other U.S citizens who support a certain side instead of focusing on what's actually up top. No way I would ever vote Republican/conservative.

6. Reading things like this frustrates me. Not just because of the complete ridiculousness of this kind of harsh punishment, but the fact that Harper was even voted in again.
    Some people DID vote him in, but he's doing such long term damage to our country. It's not even funny. =_=

7. I still Believe he stole the election (how the grinch stole the election ;)), but thats yet to be officially proven, though I have seen enough to convince me. So thats how he is there again, imo. But nonetheless, call for a by-election every single chance you get, I do, maybe we can achieve it. Whether or not the Tories are guilty, I still believe we need a by-election to settle Canadians minds once and for all.

I agree that he is destroying our Country, its already a terrible mess for whoever takes over when he is booted out. Remember, always vote ABC (Anything But Conservative)

8. this kind of shit really makes me want to protest this is fucking retarded its not funny at all like this c-11 bullshit give me a break the oldest medication known to man FUCK YOU GOVERNMENT.

9. Ok no offense to the OP but that's completely untrue. I mean I know you're upset but why exaggerate it to the point where people have actually considered not coming to Canada anymore.

Let me clarify. NOWHERE in the C10 omnibus bill does it say you get taken off to jail for 6 months for smoking a joint. As of today, if you are caught smoking a j outside the bill has nothing to do with it. It is still the cop's discretion you have to rely on when getting caught. They usually just take your weed and let you go.

This bill imposes penalties for growing more than 6 plants or if you get caught with over 3kg, as someone else posted. Again, this bill is BS but at least they had the courtesy to lean towards drug traffickers. You can continue to be a one-man-stoner and get caught with 2 plants and an ounce and this bill will have no effect on you.

I'm sorry but I had to clarify. The OP made it seem as if when I go to Dundas Square right now and light up I'll automatically be taken to jail for 6 months with no trial...now that's fucked up. LOL.

10. a cop caught me with a big j there one day, all he did was tell me to move to a less public location
    didnt even take it :smoke:

another time a cop caught me with a pipe and around a q, just told me to go home or to a private location

cops dont really seem to care too much

11. It depends which cop stops u. The cops in my area are a bunch of porkers so it wouldn't end well.

12. befor reading this topic => 90% sure i want to move to canada
    after reading this topic => 50%...

13. anybody know if this includes medical patients ?

14. [quote name='"danik420"']Ok no offense to the OP but that's completely untrue. I mean I know you're upset but why exaggerate it to the point where people have actually considered not coming to Canada anymore.

Let me clarify. NOWHERE in the C10 omnibus bill does it say you get taken off to jail for 6 months for smoking a joint. As of today, if you are caught smoking a j outside the bill has nothing to do with it. It is still the cop's discretion you have to rely on when getting caught. They usually just take your weed and let you go.

This bill imposes penalties for growing more than 6 plants or if you get caught with over 3kg, as someone else posted. Again, this bill is BS but at least they had the courtesy to lean towards drug traffickers. You can continue to be a one-man-stoner and get caught with 2 plants and an ounce and this bill will have no effect on you.

I'm sorry but I had to clarify. The OP made it seem as if when I go to Dundas Square right now and light up I'll automatically be taken to jail for 6 months with no trial...now that's fucked up. LOL.[/quote]

6 plants is not a whole lot ( unless there 1 pounder outdoor plants )

15. Canada is just as fucked as the states, just a smaller population. But that ultimately makes it easier for them to control, but yes, you are mislead, it is 6 plants = 6 months in jail, possession is still the same. And consumption aswell

16. As of right now we are safe. There are changes coming to the medical progra. Very soon tho, which are probably for the worse. But then again there is Matt Mernagh's court case coming up even sooner which could make weed legal, or atleast revamp the medical program for the best.. Anyones guess

17. I would change that to 0%. Harper and his goons are trying to turn canada into an america clone. Soon we are going to see a for profit prison system coming here, more laws, ect ect.

18. [quote name='"PlayingWithFire"']6 plants = 6 months in jail, possession is still the same. And consumption aswell[/quote]

What are the penalties for possession and consumption here?

19. apparently passing someone a lit joint is trafficking now too