Canada Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dankness420, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Like I tell my friend's its like a convenience tax. Get its when you want it (no waiting for buddy) and best of all pick what you want. I think the prices will ultimately depend on who sells it like if only 100 guys can sell they could keep prices higher vs 1000 sellers but I dont know just stoned

2. That's because you have been in 1 area for the whole fucking time.

Ask somebody in Oklahoma is they have ever seen bud below $20 a gram aside from fucking the dealer

3. Yeah well we don't live in the states, I have been around our province and like I said its never more then $10/g. Pretty much ask anyone and they will all agree. I am currently paying $6 so if its more then that...which it will be I will likely never purchase 'legal' weed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm not arguing whether or not your getting $10 a gram, I'm saying that your looking at marijuana prices with tunnel vision

5. Weed is average 10$ a gram across canada (I lived many provinces) with the exception of smaller towns sometimes its 15-20 thats just when there is like one dealer in town lol

6. I was just saying thats what canadians are used to from my experiences. The government will have to do research into what canadians normally pay in order to set up a competitive market. If they come out the gate charging $20-$25/g then most people will just continue to use their current supplier.

7. There is a medical MJ growing company in Ontario (I don't think I'm allowed to name names or it'll be called "advertizing")... sorry for my style, I'm VERY stoned... So, theire prices are between $6 and $12. Canadian dollars-- which means "free" in the American dollar language.

Do you friends think that recreational pot will be cheaper, same price, or more expensive than medical marijuana?

8. I don't know, but I guarantee it will be more expensive in the end due to taxes and just like in the U.S., the tax rate on it will be far higher than taxes on other goods because it will be considered a "sin tax." Governments are going to have a field day raking in profits over this, especially any province with a Conservative government and sadly, I'm stuck in one of those!

I consider myself a medical user due to severe chronic pain, but I can't get a doctor to see it that way without some serious $$$ under the table and after more than 7 years on disability and facing homelessness in less than two years from now due to some major rent increases (with nowhere cheaper to go and no money or help to move), that's never going to happen.

So I'm facing the prospect of legalization with some seriously mixed feelings because while it may make it easier for me to acquire cannabis, it will price it out of my reach, unless the government forces doctors to make it more available those who need it for chronic pain without financial exploitation of vulnerable patients who need to remain independent because they have no family or other support (i.e. I cannot and will not use opiates because I need to drive. I cannot lift over 25 pounds due to arthritis in my spine, which precludes using public transport for groceries and I cannot afford cab fare.)

9. Honestly I would rather the medical be cheaper for the people who need I
    It*

10. I saw a website selling medical mj for as little as $5/g.
    I guess it will be cheaper-MMJ is cheaper than pot on black market.
    If you feel that weed is expensive you can save by using much less herb if you vapourize it or make Green Dragon. You'll end up using a few times less weed.

11. Have you heard LCBO wants to sell Weed? Its now sticking its greedy hand out

Turn on CTV

12. Just read that. They're gonna ruin weed! I just want it decriminalized, which it basically already is, and not ruined.

13. Nobody other than us consumers cares about weed. The big ones only care about money

14. You may be talking about the site I buy from and I do vape with a very economical portable device (I can't smoke due to allergies and reflux). I've done everything I can to save money. I have no choice but to save and conserve or go without.

I don't think you appreciate just how tight my budget has become on long-term disability. LTD benefits are a percentage of what the recipient last earned while working, with very minimal annual increases and I was in clerical work. My rent and utilities have soared by comparison and I don't have room for a roommate to share expenses. Even if I did, consistently finding someone my age to share accommodations with--in a Conservative province--who would be accepting of my cannabis use, would be next to impossible.

Growing isn't an option.

15. yes actually.... LCBO isn't approved but they are saying... wow wow I mean insisting that they sell pot at there stores only. since they have the existing infrastructure( employee's trained for sales) from the alcohol services. that I think would be okay but I don't like the idea of having one watering hole if you know what I mean.

16. I would never want cannabis associated with alcohol. If we're going to legalize it, it should be done with the understanding that it has benefits when used responsibly, and not associated with something that causes alcoholism, carnage on the roads, liver disease, family breakdown, etc.

I would rather see cannabis sold near a health food store or even a pharmacy, but never in a liquor store. It's just not the same thing. That's something politicians who aren't cannabis users cannot possibly appreciate: the mindset of many cannabis users and the fact that they prefer healthy lifestyles that don't include alcohol.

Besides, if you're a medicinal user and you run out of an important strain late at night or have a crisis in your condition when the dispensaries are closed, you don't want to have to go where drunks, panhandlers, and who knows what else will be hanging out and try to follow you home.

17. #77 IfImoffpleasecorrect, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    LCBO shouldn't sell cannabis

it makes no sense

1 cigarettes are sold in corner stores and tobacconists. they did sell cigarettes from customer service desk at very few grocery stores, its been banned over 5 years ago

beer sold in beer store
    wine sold in wine rack
    liquor sold in LCBO

why shouldn't cannabis not be sold from a bong store or a medical dispensary we have plenty of already?

2 there is many people that had problems with drinking in the past. they turn to weed. now they have to stand in line with people smelling of alcohol, seeing bottles and withstand devil's piss lust. like the sale of alcohol from grocery stores that's coming summer isn't enough?

3 no job opportunities, isn't it half the point of legalization? taking jobs away from illegal dealers

The real question is, will LCBO agree to selling Bongs too? that would be hilarious

18. Indeed it would/\\.

19. I agree 100%

However one of the grocery stores in town still sell cigarettes...I don't think they are banned although I haven't done any research into this topic.

20. #80 IfImoffpleasecorrect, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
    which one? I thought last one was Metro at Yonge/Eglinton