Canada Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dankness420, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Read somewhere recently that here in BC the underground marijuana business makes more $$$ than fishing, timber or any other industry. Plainly stated, it's what people want, the demand is huge and this is a step in the right direction. There's two big industries waiting to happen, the other one is the practical use of hemp (soap, ropes, housing material, clothing, paper, food, etc.) Would bring a lot of jobs, new growth to this country as hemp is a tough plant that can grow on every continent but Antarctica!

Everyone here smokes anyways, I see teenagers in junior high who do and know where to get it easily. Lots of grow ops here in the Kootenays

Their estimated time-frame is one year or so, hopefully they do it right and not tax it too high, or let Monsanto interfere with it. It's ironic if the government's interest in it is the profit from taxing sales, basically greed is the reason it was made illegal, now the opposite may happen. If they put the prices too high, they'll run the risk of people going back to the black market, or growing their own. I don't understand why we need legal documents in order to grow a plant in our own home..it's outlawing nature, does not make sense..let me grow some chives, hemp and tomatoes, it's none of your business

I think the medical patients should be served first with the highest quality of stuff. We should also be making hemp oil with the high quality buds (look up Rick Simpson) for cancer patients and other medical issues. We are on the precipice of a huge change here people...

2. “We will legalize, regulate and restrict access to marijuana” – Liberal Party of Canada.

Of the dozens of promises that make up the Liberal Party election platform, this one could have the greatest lasting impact on Justin Trudeau's administration – and the country as a whole, according to industry experts who are eyeing a potentially sizzling new market.

In part, it's a matter of scale. If the Liberals succeed in legalizing marijuana, an estimated 1.2 million Canadians could eventually use legal variants of the drug daily – and perhaps another 2.5 million will consume them occasionally. This assumes Canadians will embrace new rules as people have in Colorado, which legalized marijuana for recreational use following a 2012 referendum.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/why-marijua...

3. Link?

4. #24 humble toker, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
    i'm 44, and i don't want it either, so yeah, justin, hurry the fuck up!
    but be careful man, you don't want to be arrested on whirlpool bridge! i've never been searched when crossing the border in niagara falls, but i wouldn't risk carrying weed across the border.
    it would be the best message the black market can expect: it means that it will SURVIVE. if they sell MJ twice as expensive as most people buy from drug dealers it means that most of those dealers will keep their business and clients, at least partly.

on the other hand, if i run out of my supplies i'll probably go to the nearest weed store and buy a few grams; i drive ~40 km one way to buy pot, so when it's legalized, even if it's twice as expensive, i think i would use both black market and legal store.

BUT DEFINITELY i would prefer fully legal weed, even if it's slightly more expensive than black market (but not twice as expensive!).
    I buy 1/2 oz for $120 Canadian from my dealer in toronto.
    When (i almost wrote "if" :) ) MJ is legalized, I would probably buy it legally for $180, with guaranteed quality and a choice between different strains, rather than for $120 without really knowing what i'm buying.

i think legal bud should be just slightly more expensive than on the black market, otherwise it doesn't make a lot of commercial sense, and the government will lose millions in lost tax money as many people will buy it on black market.

5. what about NAFTA?,,we could import from colorado.lol,california,but i will grow my own .i can't wait for that oppurtunity to grow without scrutiny .

6. I believe this is what he was referring to.
    http://www.hotglobalnews.com/justin-trudeau-announces-the-cost-of-marijuana-in-canada/#

People can post whatever they want on the internet, I wouldn't believe it until I hear it from Trudeau himself.

7. Yeah that is a satire site
    Hurry the fuck up justin legalize already

8. I wouldn't trust that site, you see the other articles they post? Besides you really think people protesting legalization for their benefit is a legitimate reason?

9. #30 humble toker, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
    i don't know if this story is trustworthy or not (sure, the site itself is not!).
    • what makes me trust it is that drug dealers are the strongest opponents of MJ legalization, and hell's angels are notorious...
    • what i don't trust in this story is the picture and name of the guy who confesses he's been selling pot for the last XXX years.

10. That is what I thought but who knows canada is pretty cool with pot charges

11. I want pot legalized everywhere I don't care if I don't live in Canada their are stoners there just as they are where I live now. they all deserve to smoke legally

12. #33 Iwannagethigh780, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
    Of course we should be allowed to consume pot as we can vegetables or fruits . Why was it illegal in the first place? Cotton pigs, Oil pigs, money, corruption. fuck em we don't need oil anymore

13. Hemp would solve many of the worlds problems as well as create thousands of jobs.

14. If pot becomes the main recreational drug instead of alcohol there will be less aggression in the world.

15. #36 IfImoffpleasecorrect, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
    TV says that a gram will likely be $13 and sale allowed to 19 year olds with possession for personal use under an ounce per month, limited to 7 grams to be bought in 24 hours. The great brainwashing machine TV lies.

I think they will need at least 2 years for our dreams come true.

Liberal Kathleen Wynne promised sale of six packs in your local grocery store in 6 months almost a year ago

16. #37 Galaxy420, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
    either the reasoning for setting up costs in a newly established legal system based off of black market illegal costs is to keep kids from buying it ( grow up and get a job bro!) or the legalizing country has secret involvement with the cartels and need things statuesque. Why else would they be setting costs based off of a black market product?????

edit- in the new legal system the product does not change just that the way we look at it does.In our societies we look at things ( the perceivable world) through pre determined outlooks as determined by others before us that we gave away our power to by them controlling us and our outlook in the present and by so doing do not see what it really is in the present.

17. #38 dankness420, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    Canadian Pot Smokers Deserve An Apology
    "Cannabis should be legalized because it is a wonderful plant, and because Canada's 100-year war on cannabis has had no redeeming features whatsoever.

Cannabis is beneficial and prohibition is wrong.
    Let's remember that cannabis prohibition was born out of racism and ignorance. This century of war on cannabis and cannabis users was not some well-intentioned mistake. This persecution was not a noble effort to protect health or improve society. Cannabis prohibition began as a focused effort to harass, punish and deport racial minorities across North America."

Legalization should really mean that Canadian farmers can grow cannabis of any potency, by the thousands of hectares, just like tobacco or any other crop. Cannabis grown in a secure facility and sold for $10 a gram is not legalization, it's a continuation of prohibition and the profiteering that comes with it in a slightly different form.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/dana-larsen/cannabis-...

18. Yeah but, they SHOULDN'T LEGALIZE because people will od on pot....:angry:

19. Marijuana is the devil