Canada Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dankness420, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Why is it looking worse and worse? Legalization is on the way

2. Legalization where only licensed producers can grow and and buying from/selling to your buddy is punishable by 5-10 years in prison. This may seem fine to you, but as a grower who has been fighting for these rights for years I only stand to suffer from the new legislation as specific laws and task forces are put in place to punish people who want to produce marijuana for themselves and others.

Marijuana should not be legalized because its a good way to generate some revenue for the government, it should be legalized because the current laws are unjust and oppressing an entire culture of people.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Im sure u will be able to grow when its legal

4. Everything I've read, and I scour the internet daily, has said otherwise. Trudeau and the ones proposing the new legislation have specifically stated that we cant be trusted with personal grows because people will sell to his kids.

• Like Like x 1
  5. download.jpg

6. I hope his kids are giant potheads just to spite him

7. Looks like medical may be able to grow soon unless you know something I don't? I know it's not ideal but atleast it would be legit

• Like Like x 1
  8. Honestly I'd rather keep breaking the "law" instead of being forced to scam an already abused medical system.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. This is just a rehashed article from a few months ago, we've already begun moving forward as well as announced our intentions at a special session with the general assembly of the UN and we've backed out of treaties before with much less notice than that. Many countries agree that this treaty needs to be abolished as most anti-marijuana legislation does, I do not believe we will see any "consequences" from backing out of this one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My doctor prescribed it to me np im in niagara falls ontario but around here its super easy also you can always go to canadian cannabis clinic that's where you can go of your doctor refuses to sign you up no cost from them and they really are into helping you

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. And everything ive read says August 23rd this year people with thwir medical cards can grow a judge in Vancouver gave the government 6 months to come up with a way to let us grow at home and the government isn't going to protest that they've openly said theyre going to go with what the court ruling was in the time frame specified

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. What do you guys think of the ndp to push for decriminalization? I think it would be great but it is also kind of stupid because they would be allowing dealers to be making money illegally and they would be supporting criminal activity

13. Big Weed is coming, right up there with Big Sugar, Big Data, etc. Not going to be fun, imo.

14. Minimum age for legal marijuana should be 25, public health agency says

Ottawa's public health agency believes the minimum age for buying legal marijuana should be set at 25, according to a submission it sent to the federal task force examining what legalization will look like in Canada.

The minimum age of 25 is in line with recommendations offered up already by the Canadian Medical Association, but there was no consensus among health agencies, according to Connelly.

"Because to believe that the people who wish to buy this product aren't going to get it I think doesn't recognize where we are already with the market," said Linton who thinks the minimum age should match the drinking age of 19 "to be consistent."

Other recommendations include:

• Prohibit advertising, marketing and sponsorship and employ plain packaging similar to legislation being considered for tobacco.
    • Adopt a government-owned and controlled storefront system for distribution.
    • Ban consumption of marijuana in workplaces and indoor and outdoor public spaces.
    • Regulate base pricing based on THC content — the drug that gives marijuana its potency.
    • Utilize controls on edible products, including child-proof
    Minimum age for legal marijuana should be 25, according to Ottawa Public Health

• Like Like x 1
  15. Been a while...long story but I am back and will be regularly posting here again. With less then 1 year until Canada will be fully legalizing recreationally marijuana COUNTRY WIDE the stories get more and more interesting. So feel free to post articles that you find here as I wont be able to post them all. Cheers to the greatest country in the world!:dance2:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Canada faces choice on international drug treaties over legalized pot

As Canada moves forward with its plan to legalize marijuana, government officials have at least one international conundrum to sort out: what to do about the global treaties Canada has signed that prohibit making pot legal?

A senior government official said there are essentially two options available.

On the one hand, Canada could take a "principled stand" in favour of the international legalization of pot.

The other, quieter approach, would be to withdraw from the treaties and attempt to re-enter with a special exemption for legalized marijuana.

It's the second option, causing the "least international turbulence," that the federal government favours, said the source.

But at least one Canadian researcher believes that would be a missed opportunity for Canada.

Steven Hoffman, a professor at the University of Ottawa, is co-author of a paper that identified two treaties Canada's new pot policy is expected to violate:

• 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs.
    • 1988 Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
    Hoffman said there is precedent for the quieter option.
    Legalizing pot will violate international treaties: What should Canada do?

International drug treaties, yet another step towards legalization. I bet most of us didn't think of this one.

17. Canadians by the tens of thousands answer government's cannabis legalization survey

Changes to the Canada Pension Plan? A piddly 47 responses. Input on the most inspirational Canadians? About 12,000 people weighed in.

But public online consultation about legalizing marijuana netted 30,000 responses, proving pot stokes the passions of the Canadian public. (Though not quite as engaging as the topic of prostitution, which drew31,172 responses.)

A vast majority of the pot submissions — 29,000 or so — were responses to an online survey.

• Should consumption of marijuana be allowed in any publicly accessible spaces outside the home?
    • To what extent, if any, should home cultivation be allowed in a legalized system?
    • How should governments approach designing laws that will reduce, eliminate and punish those who operate outside the boundaries of the new legal system for marijuana?
    • What are your views on the minimum age for purchasing and possessing marijuana? Should the minimum age be consistent across Canada, or is it acceptable that there be variation amongst provinces and territories?
    The survey, which allowed up to 1,500 word answers to a series of questions, was open to the public between June 30 and Aug 29. Participants were also asked for personal information like age, gender, level of education and to check off boxes that described their personal experience. Options included lawyer, parents or guardian of a minor and marijuana activist.

A spokesperson for the task force couldn't offer any information about where the majority of survey respondents stood on the various issues. The information will be analyzed and used by the the task force on marijuana legalization and regulation in its final report to the Trudeau government in November.

Trudeau government gets an earful from Canadians on legalizing weed

18. I'm literally so fucking excited for this to become a reality.

I wonder how Canada will change once everything is implemented. Will the government be assholes about who can open up dispensaries or cafes? Will it become like an LCBO type deal where you can only buy from certain authorized locations?

• Like Like x 1
  19. This is a pretty huge step not only for Canada but for the entire world. As far as implementing it goes lots could still change. The government should and will set restrictions on who can open up what and where. My guess is that they will be handing out a certain number of licenses to people who can meet their requirements. The main thing that has my attention is the price. Its not like there is any shortage of marijuana here in Canada, and with even more to become available leaves us with the question, whats it going to retail? I likely wont be purchasing any if it costs me more then what I pay now, and honestly I don't see how they could really compete with the black market. In the end, Canada will once again make history!

• Like Like x 1