Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Canada Guy, May 26, 2018.

1. It is not to bad, I found some screw in led that are off the charts and are only pulling 20w each. I quit running HPS fore the most part because of them. The only reason for me to start up HPS is for heat and then they make more sense. I have not worked out the optimal position to replace HPS yet but may play with them this winter in a 4x4 tent to figure out the optimal pattern. The only real major cost for my greenhouse is heat which can hit 200 a month for Dec,Jan,Feb if I am using propane. When I can afford to I intend to greatly improve heat retention by switching over to Sollex instead of 6 mil which would cut my heating bill in half but it would cost about 2k to make the switch for a 16x16. I also use the meter for pruning and determining how much to strip to get optimal canopy although less so this year because I need to send it in for calibration. This year I am playing with different levels of pruning to find what works best and plan on checking my numbers next sunny day to see at what level in the canopy more then 90% of the light is used.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks! I'm expecting to flower her for about 69 days. So 8 more weeks roughly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. A ways to go, would start working out how to protect her. I am assume you very much like my friends grow where one day the frost just shows up and usually in Oct.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sometimes it's earlier than October. This Thursday it's getting down to -5 with snow expected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. She is so beautiful! Any sign of flowering?

6. Thanks! No real flowers yet... I don't think she will make it through the snow that's coming in a couple days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Hey guys! It's currently 0°C outside and it's snowing. The garden might be a winter Wonderland by the morning so today I started up the indoor garden again with some new beans. I'll start a new journal shortly and I hope you guys will come hang out with me.

Germination station.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Hope the garden makes it through!

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hope the garden makes it through!

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. How are you not taking clones? Its like sacrilege or something lol

................................... I get it but man! We'll see how she weathers through it - I cannot believe you have the 1st snowfall of the season as I am much further North than you and it hit 71F today....highest of the summer at my place lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lol! Clones are not necessary, I could pop new beans if really wanted. The plants I grow outside are really just for fun at this point. Perhaps when I get a real greenhouse I'll take the outdoor stuff more seriously. Seems every year the snow is earlier... I'm pretty happy I brought TD 2 inside when I did.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah. What grower doesn't? I was looking at trying to grow 23 strains this winter in 4 1/2 ish cabinets but got into a
    preservation breeding project on overgrow soooo thats not going to happen and need to re-plan so I stay on track somewhat lol

True. Though seriously, I thought you had some "magical" skills to make it happen that I could learn from lol Someday I too, will have a greenhouse though if I can get auto's down it wouldn't be necessary especially in a "good" year.... being so far up north, its hit/miss out in the open though impressive when its pulled off

YES! There is that beauty! :inlove: ok so not complete sacrilege though pretty close :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
  13. That is my kind of Christmas tree. Just needs a string of lights. But seriously hope she survives

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hey guys! This is the end of my outdoor journal for 2018. Today it's -3°C, and still snowing. There are no survivors in the garden. Thank you for following along, i hope to see you guys on my indoor grow.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1