CANABUTTER the making of

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jay t bell, Apr 15, 2004.

1. I just wanted to post my thanks for this recipe. I twisted it around a bit, but it still worked very well. Here's what I did:

I took three male plants, each about 18 inches tall, fairly bushy, just starting to show male preflowers. Cut them down, let them dry in the oven with the pilot light on for three days. Pulverized the result, except for the main stems, which were still a bit soft -- I froze those and then cut them into chunks. Put a cup (two sticks) of butter into a saucepan along with about a quart of water, and simmered the whole mess for three hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so. Strained the result, let it solidify in the fridge... ended up with about 3/4 of a cup of green butter.

I melted the resulting butter over low heat, and used it in a regular old brownie mix. I did reduce the heat on the oven a bit, cooked for a bit longer, since I was worried about damaging any THC. At any rate, I was skeptical that these would have any effect, but I was pleasantly surprised. After a few, I could definitely feel the effects. My girlfriend and I ended up splitting the entire tray over the course of the day, and it was quite fun. Sort of a preview of what's to come, I guess. The effort was fairly minimal, and the taste wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Sure beats just throwing the males out.

2. what a nice thread!
    i love reading those expiriments after-effects)))
    keep it up creative stoners

by the way i usually use the most simple way
    i boil some milk
    anyone interested in the recepie?

peace

3. does the all male cannabutter actually get you buzzed?

4. the male "milk" i make works
    but the male has to be mature
    and u need a lot of leafs

5. HAHA i love the guide, im gonna try this, thanks a bunch!! :)

6. this is my recipe

bring water and butter to a boil and add grass. simmer for 40 minutes and strain through cheese cloth. Put in the fridge to set(about 5 hours or so). Take the butter off the top and cook.
    I made cookies yesterday. I'm glued to my chair right now.

7. so the males have to at least be flowering?

8. Good thread, thanks for thanks for the info

9. do i have to dry my male first? or can i just go for it?

10. I took a bunch of branch and leaves that I prunded from my plants which just hit week 3 of flowering. I made some canna butter yesterday, then used the butter to make some brownies.....BOY WAS I FU**ED UP!! I really couldn't believe that my high lasted about 6 hours and I smoke everyday!

The recepie called for 2 cups water....I slow boiled all my stems in some water and then used that for the canna butter recipe. Then I mixed the water, butter and ground up leaf clippings and let it simmer on low heat for a few hours....

It was amazing how powerful these brownies were.....whoooo:D

11. Okive just discovered this site and i like it as well as this thread. Ive been making butter for years, so when i read this i have to laugh a little, cause were all highons that over think things from time to time.

To simplify a couple things, know this.

The act of boiling or heating trimmings in or bud invokes a chemical reaction. THC being fat soluable sperates from the plant, (at whatever temp is required, i dont know), and rebonds with the fat in the butter. THC is always an ACTIVE compund no matter what temp it resides at, when injested it affects your brain the same way as if it were smoked, but it may feel different due to the potency and time it takes to make it to the neuro receptors.

In my experience boiling has had no negitive affect on the process, and in fact speeds it up!

In theory i believe you could make CANNA ICe Cream, but i think it would have to be from scratch, and in order to get the thc to bond with the fat, it would have to be forced into a chemical reaction by heat. Im not sure that in Ice cream production if it is ever put through a temp procees like that. However, you could simmer whole milk, to bond the thc, then using that milk to make the ice cream, that i believe could be very successful. Since icecream is 90%milk, potency could be somthing of an issue and it could end up being the first documented case of THC overdose on record, so sign me up, lol.

Great thread, im still getting caught up.
    If anyone wants my butter recipe, let me know, Ive scared myself with it.

12. Are plants the size of 2 stacked bic lighters big enough. and would you just suggest a rinsing before drying as some of us may do some foliage feeding.

13. Thank you for this post! I have around 4oz of clippings from male plants and I am trying this recipe right now. I'll let you know how it goes.