Cana coco a and b

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Bmxodysseymike, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I used the light feeding schedule from their growguide.info and it has worked wonderfully.

2. yeah i fed on the heavy side non stop, sorry about the delay in response

3. I kept on the medium.. and it worked out fine.. except.. I harvested way too early, at the first signs of BUD ROT. Not a good result.

4. That was my first proper grow with canna coco and A & B, and, from a growing aspect, the plants were vigorous, healthy, etc. Unfortunately, I harvested way too early... I had assumed that the flowering period started from 12/12. Now I find out there's a two week transition period... Well.. it's a learning curve, after all.

I have a couple I harvested, and then put back for a second harvest. And they're still not ready! and they've had at least a month extra over the originals.

One thing that jars a bit with general Canna comment is that when it's time to add the PK13/14, the EC is up around the 2.00 mark. I'm at that point again now, and although it seems high, it worked before - so I'm going with it again.

Some of the guys I respect on here reckon never to go above around 1.4, and certainly nowhere near 2.00. As it's only sucking this up for one week, perhaps it's ok.

Any comments on that EC spike?

The other thing that bothers me is that on the Canna site, the part which gives you the ratios and measurements, it lists figures for EC+ and EC. Anyone have any idea what that's about?

Thanks in advance,.. I know you won't let me down!

The SToke

5. The EC+ is including your base EC (light, medium or hard water), EC is the canna nutrients alone. If I remember correctly;)

6. yes a regular calmg supplement will be important if you live in a soft water area

7. ...because the canna lineup assumes a starting base of EC .4 (200ppm)

8. Yes thankyou Buddz 83 - i could genuinely do with you following me around - clarifying/finishing my posts for me.