Cana coco a and b

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Bmxodysseymike, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Hi new grower here Can someone tell me the best amount of this stuff to put in the water I put in the recommended 15 ml per gallon and it burned my plants pretty good so what's the correct amount to use so my plants won't get burned anymore?

2. most people advise 1/2 strength to what is on the label. I am unsure of Canna but with Botanicare I had to start out a 1/4 strength. Besides the strength of the nutes I think genetics has something to do with it as well. Good luck

3. dont go by the labels

i use canna and i dont ever go over 12ml/gallon

my veg get 8ml/gallon, flower gets 10-12ml/gallon

how old are your plants? happen to have any pictures? could help you alot more if you did

4. BMX, listen to this guy ^^^^

5. [quote name='"tothehead"']dont go by the labels

i use canna and i dont ever go over 12ml/gallon

my veg get 8ml/gallon, flower gets 10-12ml/gallon

how old are your plants? happen to have any pictures? could help you alot more if you did[/quote]

There maybe a month and a half old idk exactly but somewhere in there

Attached Files:

6. id knock your a & b down to 8ml/gallon

are you running any other canna products?

are you running RO or tap water?

7. [quote name='"tothehead"']id knock your a & b down to 8ml/gallon

are you running any other canna products?

are you running RO or tap water?[/quote]

I'm using ph ed tap water and no I'm only using the a and b

8. whats the ppm/ec of your tap?

9. #9 akula, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    Look at their nute guide for light feeding and use that as a baseline and adjust accordingly based on your own ambient variables.

http://growguide.info/

10. Slightly off topic here.. but .. my tap water measures zero on my Blulab Truncheon. I know the water's soft...? The truncheon measures ppm and EC...and one other point.. why does the truncheon have two scales for ppm? (EC x 500, and EC x 700).

I'm just doing my first coco grow, and flipped to 12/12 48 hours ago..

Should start a journal..

11. I do no less then 10 mls a gal and never had any issues in veg. I have gone up too 20 mls a gal and never burned anything. You might want to check your additives

12. @stokesdel:
    Probably better to ask any non cannabis related questions to BlueLab directly. Only they can give you the final word on your question.

@complex150:
    I have also found that during Vegetative growth the plants can handle quite a bit of Canna A+B. There are reasons for this, I believe, but to continue using such high volumes of A+B in flowering has not given me desirable results.

Personally, I do not exceed 8ml of A+B after the switch to 12/12. When using Canna I had better results in flowering by mixing the solution as per their directions but then watering it back down to achieve the EC measurement I was looking for. This maintains the ratios of elements but without the high concentration of them. The Cannazym is a major addition for the plants in flowering; In my experience, supplementing the PK levels with this product (or a similar one like Hydroplex) is not negotiable. Cannazym at 0-2-1 and used at least at an equal volume as A+B (essentially making it a 3-part) goes a long way to balancing out the NPK profile from being so Nitrogen and Calcium dominant.

Listen to Canna. They designed the system pretty well and they don't make their suggestions lightly. Flowering with Canna can be tricky if you continue on the path from vegetative growth, with the high EC from that stage.

13. Scmc... What you say lines up exactly with the coco feed chart.
    The calculator is at Grow Guide | CANNA UK. Things are still looking good...but...only 5 days into 12/12. However.. This is looking WAY BETTER than any of my soil grows.

Thanks for your comments.

The Stoke

14. I've always wondered what the NPK ratio is in the Canna Coco A/B. I don't see it mentioned on their site .. but it's got a lot of odd bits here and there, (the site, I mean), so maybe I've missed it.
    Anyone know if the mixes for all their products are listed anywhere?

SCMC - where did you get your info from? Regarding the ratios?

Tks!

The SToke

15. Google images shows some bottle labels, most hydro stores show values too.

Coco A NPK Formula: 4-0-1
    Coco B NPK Formula: 0-4-2

So together, NPK is 4-4-3

16. The canna a+b I am familiar with is a 5-4-3 when put together.
    A is a 4-0-1
    B is 1-4-2
    Also, there should be 4.5% Calcium and 1.2% Magnesium.

[​IMG]

Right now I get my numbers from my memory but there was a time when I could just run to the grow room and write it down off the label.

17. Oh snap, looks like they have 2 different formulations, probably a UK version and a US version.

18. when i used the entire canna coco line, i was using the high end of the range they suggested with RO water and my plants turned out awesome

19. Soon2be... when you say.."high end of the range.." do you mean the Heavy Feed schedule?

Don't see any reason why there should be different mixes for different countries... but.. I checked the label... The NPK details are on the BACK of the bottle..5:4:3, as SCMC said..

Rather than country-to-country formulations, Canna give 3 different feed rates, along with soft, medium and hard water conditions. So I'm thinking it unlikely, purely from a commercial standpoint, that they would cater for different countries (the mix, I mean).

20. [quote name='"stokesydel"']Soon2be... when you say.."high end of the range.." do you mean the Heavy Feed schedule?

Don't see any reason why there should be different mixes for different countries... but.. I checked the label... The NPK details are on the BACK of the bottle..5:4:3, as SCMC said..

Rather than country-to-country formulations, Canna give 3 different feed rates, along with soft, medium and hard water conditions. So I'm thinking it unlikely, purely from a commercial standpoint, that they would cater for different countries (the mix, I mean).[/quote]

I just went to my grow and you are right about it being 5-4-3.

Several sites have this posted:

"For cultivation on pre-buffered Canna Coco in pots or growing bags. Unlike other specialized fertilizers, COCO fertilizers work quickly and are immediately available to the plants, thus saving energy and enabling the plant to be completely tuned in to growing and blooming. Always use A and B parts in equal amounts.

Coco A NPK Formula: 4-0-1
    Coco B NPK Formula: 0-4-2 "

http://www.plantitearth.com/natural-nutrients/canna-coco.aspx
    http://www.amazon.com/Canna-Coco-Set-2X5-Liter/dp/B000HTQCHY

Must be a typo.