can you top a plant during flowering??

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by kronic420smoke, Apr 12, 2010.

1. i was jus wondering im new at all this topping stuff ...and also can u plant the topped part after and will it grow? thanks

2. topping a plant during flowering is a bad idea and will only reduce your final yield.

I'm guessing that you're talking about cloning the plant? This should work. As far as I know it makes cloning a little less likely, but if you succeed you will have a monster cropped plant which is great!

If you want to clone it you should just take a small top off of the bottom part of the plant rather than take it off of the top.

3. damn so if i topped my plant now its only 1 week into flowering it wont like grow 2 more shoots an it wont become buds?? im not even sure of the sex yet i jus figured it would increase my yeild if i did it now ....an idk if the top is goin to survive its all welted now i put it in some water to maby bring it bak to life im jus experimenting idk im still new at growing and topping an all that gotta try it sometime to c if im even good at it lol but ok thanks man for the advise i already messed it up then cuz i topped it last night..im hopin it will recover quik an wont effect the sex cuz of the stress