Can you test fesh raw cannabis for THCA and get accurate results

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dkingcole, Aug 1, 2020.

1. I have some fresh cannabis and would like to know if it's worth testing it for THCA at this stage?

2. Not imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Not unless you’re planning on processing it wet as well. Testing for anything other than moisture would be testing an unfinished product at this point. And it’s not like there’s much you can do with the test results anyways.

Is there a specific reason you’re wanting to test for TCHA while it’s still fresh?

4. I'm not sure if it has to be dry or not to test, but as far as THCA content, it wont change at all between wet, dry or curing stages unless you somehow knock a lot of crystals off.

5. Simply put the wet fresh weed in your vaporizor and toke...

you get a buzz /...thats the test

compare to your control sample?

good luck

6. Thank you for your response. I was really trying to get a accurate potency percentage.

7. I am just curious of it's potency. But I was wondering if being that it's still wet. I was wondering if I could test it.

8. So someone sold me a bag of some wet stuff. Turns out it's not even cannabis. I feel very dumb right now.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Ah that’s some garbage. I thought you had recently harvested and wanted a sneak peak at its level or something. That sucks that happened. How’d you find out it’s no good?

10. I tried to smoke it. Well it smelled fruity. Its pure trash. I think it's oregano. They put something to mask the smell. Now I can't find the guy. Lol

11. Not really. The way testing works is you weigh out a sample and that is prepared with solvent. Dry herb tests higher than wet herb because water counts towards the sample weight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Thanks. I never knew that.