Can You Tell It's A Hermie?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SaulSilver1, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Is this a hermie? I know it is because I plucked a sample at week 6 just to analyze with my microscope and it wasn't until I got home I realized there was a seed in the little sample I plucked.

The seed was already developed where the pistil is located and none of my others are Hermie. Thanks Mates.

Attached Files:

2. I am not entirely sure but a seed being in the cola I think (correct me if I am wrong) means that your plant was pollinated by a male.

A hermaphrodite will show both male and female flowers, look down your plant at all of the nodes, do you see any sacks? Or are they all colas? A sack on a plant that clearly has hairy buds is a hermaphrodite. It SOUNDS like you have a pollinated female, meaning she will produce seeds.

Anyone please feel free to correct me, as I am not 100% sure.

3. Yeah its a hermie and there are seeds in the Cola. 2 of my 5 are and I suppose its cause those two were fuckin bagseed. Fuck I'm retarded, how long till they ruin the rest of my crop?

I'm harvesting them today at Day 46 so hopefully something will be salvaged.

4. How did you determine if they are hermaphrodites or not?

5. Because that's the ONLY way they (My Crops) could have seeds. There is no pure male plant in my grow room.

6. I see, well I have three ladies, all of which were exposed to many males far earlier in my grow, I didn't get them all out at the same time as I wasn't certain of their genders. One of my three ladies appears to have a seed developing, should this concern me?

7. Do you know for sure that its developing a seed? Is it the calyx that looks like its developing a seed?

8. I would hold off.... I found 3-4 seeds out of 12 plants i harvested and like over a 1/2
    lbs. It was awesome cause i woulda lost the strain if not for them. It could be just ONE single bannana looking male part in the flower....not gonna ruine the whole crop. If it hapened to me i would be more interested in finding those male parts and trying to find one that doesnt have it to try and save your strain to grow again.

9. I would hold off.... I found 3-4 seeds out of 12 plants i harvested and like over a 1/2
    lbs. It was awesome cause i woulda lost the strain if not for them. It could be just ONE single bannana looking male part in the flower....not gonna ruine the whole crop. If it hapened to me i would be more interested in finding those male parts and trying to find one that doesnt have it to try and save your strain to grow again.

10. My plant seems to have one seed forming around the top of its main cola :/ Is this a problem? I feel like it was just mildly pollinated :/

11. On the top? Lol do you have any males around?

12. Yes the top of the main cola has what appears to be a young seed. And they were amongst multiple males earlier in my grow.

13. #13 Picks, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Whoops