Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you smoke while taking cough medicine?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StraightUpFire, Mar 2, 2009.

1. #1 StraightUpFire, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    Is it ok if i smoked even though im taking cough medicine? Will this slow down my recovery rate?

2. Sure you can. It's actually good for recovery, gets you sleeping for a good 10-12 hours, then you feel refreshed:p. Really, the cough medicine just adds to the high, and it keeps your mind off your sickness. Just don't overdo it. The only time I don't smoke weed is when I have laringitis.

3. It's not going to help your cough put it that way.

4. From my own experiences I would say smoke first then take your meds. I have done that and the next day like someone said before you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go.

5. i would take the meds first that way its not painfull to smoke

6. does tht mean its gonna worsen my cough or not effect my cough

7. If you have a bad chest or cough then smoking isn't going to help it at all and most prob make it worst yes!

Make sure your chest is free from infection before toking up or you might have that cough longer than you want.

8. toking while having a bad cough is obviously bad. smoking bud and taking medicine will help you get alot of sleep though

9. you have to consider evrything that happens when you get high, heart rate, munchies, cotton mouth, etc.

For me, whenever i smoke my nose and throat clear up, but for some reason it doesnt happen until I'm actually high lol

idk how relevnt this is lol

10. #10 collegetoker, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    ive been taking cough medicine the last 3 days for a dry cough
    it irritated my throat a little with the pipe so i switched to the bong and it was smoother
    didnt notice any benefits or negatives.. except i think with the drowsy cough syrup ive been getting a sort of body high as well

but logically speaking i think any smoke would probably irritate your throat and lungs more