Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can You Resist the Munches?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by more, Aug 18, 2010.

1. H-E-L-P!

I'm tired of feeling like a bloated whale every time I get high. It's gotten to the point where me and my friends will go jump from restaurants to fast-food joints, one after the other. I'll eat my fill at each, past the point where I feel my stomach is going to explode. Not only is it expensive, I'm sure I've gained some weight. Even when I'm high at home, I can't help but raid the kitchen of all the junk food. Lemme tell you, I've had to invest in some serious Alka-Seltzer...

Does anyone have any tips to avoiding the munches/making them not so strong? I've tried so hard to just say no, and even when I have determination not to eat when I'm sober, after I smoke I just have the need to eat. I'm a pretty new smoker though, so maybe it just comes with the experience?

2. ummm...eat RIGHT before you smoke?

3. i mean i guess you could just have some cereal and chips around and just chill and munch on those because it doesn't really fill you up but it doesn't make you hungry either.

4. #4 casp3r420, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    [​IMG]

CAN YOU?

5. i just drink a lot of water when i feel like i'm too high/too lazy to cook. if you can't resist eating those snacks, eat them slower. it's easier said than done, but i believe you have the will power.

this feels like an mj support group.

6. Think about all the money you're wasting with every food run you make. It really adds up. The money you could be investing in much more fun experiences...

Also, don't buy junkfood for your house. Eat fruits. 100000000x more delicious and satisfying. Drink water to fill up on, too.

7. yes, and I try...

the ice cream too, but that only seems to make matters worse. =o

The other day I wolfed down a large TCBY thing of chocolate oreo-sprinkle goodness. It was magical.

But in all seriousness, I'll try the bloating on water and snacking before. =]

8. Im reminded of an old song..............

Ears steady poppin, but not from the speakers
    Green got me hungry, feindin' for them munchies
    Cause real smokers don't blow no fuckin green on empty stomachs(Ya Heard Me)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izjlqpsi0q0"]YouTube- Pass Me Da Green[/ame]

`

9. I agree with the above,...I just tell myself that I need to stop spending money lol

10. Smoke more weed. When you become 'seasoned' like myself you tend to want more smoke opposed to more munchies. But for real if you don't like that approach you could always apply for food stamps that what I did and I got 200 dollars a month and I used it like a credit card @ gas stations, but limited my spending. Like I'd get a pop and like a candy bar...instead of filling up.

11. i have no idea lol munchies every time!

12. i wish i got the munchies man, i need to put on some weight haha.. i rarely get hungry when im stoned these days. it's almost like it's killing my appetite :s

no way i can resist that ben and jerry's tub though ahaha

13. haha beautiful thread :) and no i can NEVER resist the munchies, and i can gaurentee iv got it worse than you so dont worry kid :D. I get it so bad that i got down to my 24/7 supermarket called "tesco" those of you in the uk will know :rolleyes: at like 4 in the morning while the employees are stacking the shelves ready for next day and im the only one in that joint! i walk around higher then a kite and always end up at the toys section where i continue to play bop it for about 20 minutes then play with all the toy guns :eek:. The people actualy know me by name now since i bloody go there so often at silly hours to get munchies. I got a girl that lives down the rd aswell i just pick her up and we both go and i open packets of crisps while i whip her with a horse whip.. Good times anyways kind of steered of subject but yeah its normal man dont worry about it but try to save money, fuck resturaunts and fast food! costs a bombb!! just go to your local supermarket, munch on packets of crisps and sandwiches while they are not looking then buy yourself a whoppingg big pizza for £3 and bobs your uncle :cool::smoking::smoking:

14. Yes.

Working with food all, day, long. does that to you, food just doesnt sound appealing at the end of the day sometimes.

But, sometimes you just get those days where you get the munchies like a fuck.

15. lol wuuut

16. hahaha they have a section selling like some horse product, dont ask me why its a bloody food supermarket but its MASIVE! so i just take down one of the horse whips when im buzzing :smoking:and as we walk about i hit her on the ass when she dont know it :eek::rolleyes: fun times, as for the "bobs your uncle" its kind of like an english saying, google it. Its like "and there you have it!" kind of saying :)

17. Yeah you can resist the munchies by drinking a lot of fluids - It's also good to keep hydrated during your high because getting high actually dehydrates you

18. oh haha i will, and i thought you had some kinky sex goin on for a second haahaha

19. Cheap, easy, delicious. Stoners best friend

[​IMG]

20. Resist and drink water.

I avoid munchies and just eat when I'm hungry after smoking;)