Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you put metal pipes in the freezer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SykoRips, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Can you put small metal pipes, and bowls, in a freezer and smoke while its cold? I mean, the metal wont fracture from rapid heating/cooling.. Is this safe? I've heard some things about "frost" in your smoke/lungs, would this cause that?

2. #2 ignila, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    youre good to go man, hit that up. frost in your lungs? dont worry about it man people like me have lived in canada all our lives where it gets a lot colder than a freezer with no ill effects

3. As long as you don't mind your lips getting stuck to the mouth piece. :smoking:

4. haha touche

5. #5 SykoRips, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah it was some BS illidelph glass show on youtube. More of an advertisement. Something about how standard ice picks frost your lungs. but using this condenser coil it won't frost your lungs. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H-kMiGw_X8"]This[/ame]
    Its at the end of it.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFu7SjF7Hfg]YouTube - A Christmas Story[/ame]

7. Nah, that didn't actually happen at all. If you freeze the piece you get to torch the bowl pretty hard:) By the time you finish the hit, if you rip it. The piece is just getting room temp.

8. I don't see how that would make a big enough difference in your smoking. Don't forget that condensation works both ways. It will heat back up pretty quickly. Not too mention, it seems like a pain. Part of the smoking cannabis experience is the actual smoking part. Rushing your session to make sure your pipe stays cold seems like a bitch really. I'd invest in a ice bong or just do freezer tokes like the rest of us.