Can you prove God exists?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by meddlehaze, Aug 4, 2011.

1. The problem is it's not an opinion to disagree with, bro. It's objective fact.

2. #82 kronman907, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes why do you disagree. What's the difference between god and the flying spaghetti monster.

3. No problem.. I've never seen a flying spaghetti monster... I see god every waking moment of consciousness.

4. the spirit of Holy Santa is beside me always.

5. I don't know, I believe what i choose to believe with the full knowledge that i could be wrong.

6. #86 DBV, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    Cool bro. Does he give you cool stuff? I realise my belief in the objective reality is my belief to have, but it is as equal to you believing you are alive IMO.. Basic understanding to reality really... atheists look at everything as subjective (even though they use science for proof). Spiritualists realise the objective connection to everything.

7. He brought me the gift of life.

8. Then how do you tell anyone else they're wrong? How do you treat the Flying Spaghetti Monster as any less viable than your own belief? You readily admit you could be flat fucking stupidly wrong, but tell someone else they're automatically wrong. Why? What goes through your mind when you say these things?

9. Honestly if you don't believe in a higher power, that's wonderful, good for you, i 100% respect your beliefs.

However the people who go out of their way to show off that they're atheist, and try to bash Religions and ideologies at every point possible in my opinion are just little kids on the inside with daddy issues who never got past the rebellion phase of their life.

10. #90 kronman907, Aug 6, 2011
    Lol. Great answer really proved a point there.

11. #91 kronman907, Aug 6, 2011
    Or their smart people trying to help others see past the brainwashing they got as a small child.

12. What about people who are going out of their way to talk about their own beliefs in a higher power? It is no different to share your beliefs than it is to share your lack of belief. Don't pander to the creationists because so far, I've seen far less atheists being rude and hateful about beliefs than creationists in these threads.

13. Did I tell anyone else they were wrong? No I did not, all i did in this thread was defend my own personal beliefs when attacked, If someone actually believed that a flying spaghetti monster was God, then good for them. However no one in this thread did believe that, it was simply a metaphor used to mock religion.

So what exactly is your point? Because i did none of the things that you said i did.

14. #94 kronman907, Aug 6, 2011
    Exactly haha. These religious nuts find a way to be wrong and yet still be right at the same time. It must be magic

15. I don't like people who do that either, i believe you should be respectful of other peoples beliefs and keep an open mind to all of them, and not push them on anyone else.

And I've seen far more atheists being rude and hateful about beliefs than anyone in any of these threads, so i believe we are at an impasse.

16. I suggest we let the trolls go back to there lifes.. we'll keep our food for the light.

BTW, I'm not a fan of religion..

17. The spiritual realm is metaphysical, it doesn't concern itself with the physical and material realm. Simply because you aren't able to hear or see something does not mean it's non-existent. Imagine telling a deaf person a world of sound exists, do they automatically disregard this claim because they personally can't hear?

18. you all keep saying i'm telling you your beliefs are wrong, I'm not. I'm just saying they are not my beliefs, and it is wrong of you to tell me MY beliefs are wrong, when frankly its A. None of your business, and B. you DON'T know that for a fact, because no one does, because its fucking impossible to know how the universe was created because NO ONE WAS FUCKING THERE.

So I have faith that what i believe is right, just as you have faith that what you believe is right. Except i have the decency not to assume i'm automatically right just because i have that faith.

19. How do you know they don't believe in it? A man was allowed to wear a colander on his head for a license photo due to the tenants put in place for pastafarianism. It's legally on the books now. That makes it as much a religion as Christianity. Who are you to tell anyone what they really believe in and don't?

Then to further say you don't respect them?

You're not a very good person, I'm afraid.

20. #100 kronman907, Aug 6, 2011
    So it's magic then? Does Harry potter live there too? The whole concept is a little nutty.