Can you mix different spectrums of light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Ok I am growing in a smallish cabinet and I have both spectrum of light 138 watts of 5000k and 134 watts of 2700k can I mix them together so I can have 272 watts or is that a bad idea? Any help would be awesome I'm a somewhat educated first timer

2. It's just fine to mix spectrums. I read somewhere tho that blue spectrums produce more females than yellow but it's not really going to make a difference. Any more qs?

3. They are just bag seed not feminized should I mix them anyway? I'm a somewhat educated first timer

4. Well how many seeds do you have?

5. 6 and my buddy is giving me seeds that was from some purp the buds were loaded with seedsI'm a somewhat educated first timer

6. [quote name="Stealthsmokerman" post="19265466" timestamp="1388624029"]6 and my buddy is giving me seeds that was from some purp the buds were loaded with seedsI'm a somewhat educated first timer[/quote]How many are you planing to grow at once in the box

7. 2I'm a somewhat educated first timer

8. [quote name="Stealthsmokerman" post="19265643" timestamp="1388625990"]2I'm a somewhat educated first timer[/quote]Then start 5 plants and with luck you'll get 2 fema once you flower but if you wanted to you could just do 3 and hope for 2 fems and 1 male