Can you help my friend?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Jonafro, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been trying to help my friend solve this girl issue he has but we just can't get to the bottom of it. I'll tell you guys all he told me but I'm sure he left some parts out. He's really great at speaking and phrasing his statements perfectly before he talks so chances are he's said all the right things and isn't leaving out mistakes he made.

He basically has this girl who most likely friendzoned him but still shows a lot of signs that she likes him and he fell really hard for her. He tells me about all the times they hang out together, watching movies at her house and then stopping because "she wants to talk in her room," which has never developed into anything physical. Sometimes they'll hug when they watch their movies but I do that with people too who definitely don't want me. She'll buy him gifts and make him baked goods, too, and they're always texting each other. So much so that it gets really annoying when we're hanging out and he's still more interested in keeping that conversation going with her.

Here's the kicker: she's asked him on numerous occasions whether or not he likes her and he's always said yes. She's also always said she does too, he told me that once she said she's "in love with him". They talk about relationships a lot and how she's not going out with anyone as long as they're friends like this and doesn't like anyone else.

He's discussed this with his other really good girl friends (not girlfriends), and they're all at a loss for what is happening. My questions to you are (a) why aren't they dating yet and (b) does this sound familiar/how did you deal with it?

Thanks all

edit: if you want more information just ask, I surely missed a lot of things

2. Wow, that just... that is just confusing. Maybe she's had bad experiences with relationships, and is just afraid she might get hurt or something. Has your friend made any moves?

3. Or maybe she likes the attention. From the sound of it she's basically in a relationship with him, except there's no sex. She's probably not attracted to him and doesn't want a relationship right now, but still wants someone to "be there for her" and probably listen to her bitch about other guys.

4. Girls love this. Theres probably another dude and shes just using buddy for attention seeking purposes. There ARE girls out there who barely fuck and don't date and just toy with dudes because they love the attention.

They do this because theres no real consequences. I mean what the fuck are we going to do to girls like that? Nothing.

5. Run far away and never look back.

6. The funniest thing happened last night: she asked him out. I guess his problem is solved then.

Thanks anyway guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.