Can You Help Identify Problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lumps_deli, Jul 28, 2014.

1. I have a plant that is in coco, it is 8 weeks old from seed, it just started day 2 of flower; when I noticed this on a few leaves? Picnis attached

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406557949.541787.jpg

"Where's the feast I was promised'

2. Are you harvesting the fan leaves or the buds?

3. The buds?

Deez Nugz!

4. This leaf was kind of hanging there so I thought I would get a picture of the problem.

Deez Nugz!

5. fan leaves will have lots of problems with dis-colorization and curling and wilting. I suggest you worry about the buds.

6. #6 NGP, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    Your day 2 flower (count by flower days, not days or weeks from seed...fyi) plant is shedding green fan leaves? Or did you clip that one? How about a pic of the entire plant, versus a cut off fan leaf? So we can get a better idea of your flowering girl.

P.S. That looks like Cal Mag deficiency OR.....old burnt tips, because of their ashy color. But again, would like to see the entire plant, it's hard to diagnose based on a single leaf with old discoloration. What nutes you got?

7. Okay, I just caught it before lights off this a.m. Will post pic later

8. #8 lumps_deli, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    [quote name="NGP" post="20363337" timestamp="1406559745"]Your day 2 flower (count by flower days, not days or weeks from seed...fyi) plant is shedding green fan leaves? Or did you clip that one? How about a pic of the entire plant, versus a cut off fan leaf? So we can get a better idea of your flowering girl.

P.S. That looks like Cal Mag deficiency OR.....old burnt tips, because of their ashy color. But again, would like to see the entire plant, it's hard to diagnose based on a single leaf with old discoloration. What nutes you got?[/quote

Also NG their were several leaves that had these exact symptoms, that's why I just plucked this one, it was barely holding on.

Using general hydroponics flora line...with GH Armor Si, GH kool bloom, GH floralicious.

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406592468.852304.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406592485.517699.jpg [attachment=1515179:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406592505.520933.

What u think

Attached Files:

10. If you didn't transplant before switching to 12/12, I would guess the brown spots indicate a nute deficiency. If so, it could still be the deficiency showing now even though the new soil corrected the problem and your new growth will be green. Keep looking at the new growth to see if it's healthy. Overall the plants look pretty good. The edges of the leaves look like they are curling up a bit from too much heat. Good luck!

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406606365.383440.jpg

The tips are very brittle,

it looks like something took a big ass bite out of this Leif

12. I did not transplant, I put them in the 3 gallon pot at four weeks old. My medium is coco coir.

13. Hey old school, does this picture below look like a bug infestation bite?

14. Above

15. Yes. Check the underside of your leaves. If your plant is budding, it could be a worm infestastion. We get slimey brown and rubbery green worms in our homegrown bud out here in Cali. The worms burrow deep into the fat indica colas during the day to keep cool and we cannot see them unless we take the time to inspect each and every cola on the plant. We usually find the the lil fuckers when we harvest and trim the buds.

16. Hey OldSchool:

Mr. school, how can one judge rather their plants are producing buds or not. There are a couple preflower sites that have some whitish looking, fibrous hairs. Would that be considered a bud? (Day 5 of flower)