Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you grown a plant from a seed you find in your bag of weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 123mac123, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Would it be female? Can it be grown?

2. Yes you can, and if the seed is mature enough, it will grow big and healthy.

Theres a 50/50 chance your seed will be female.

3. Duh, that's the point of seeds dude.

All fruits/flowers have seeds expecting someone/something in the environment to take it's seeds and spread it.

Like humans/animals taking fruit, eating it, dropping the seeds somewhere. All point of live is to continue it's species. MJ is no different.

If it's not a year old then germinate it and find out.

4. No you can't the people that grow it put a special chemical on the weed that causes the seeds to become giant monsters when you plant them, sure it will look like a sprout at first BUT BEWARE! that sprout will turn into a a giant green monster that will eat your soul while you sleep! Don't do it man for the love of god DONT DO IT!

5. Reminds me of scary movie, lol.

6. Plant it and find out.

7. My weed doesn't have seeds

8. When I was smoking, I found about 2 seeds a year...

Lucky that you found some.

9. You need to go to our grow section and do A LOT of reading. I think this is the second thread you've started in this section about growing. You'll get much better answers from the people who frequent the grow sections of GC. However, I would like to suggest that before you start asking a bunch of questions there, too, you should start clicking on the stickies and READ.

10. this was the only way to get seeds back in the 70's when I started growing, or attempting to grow, what ignorance, I tried sun tan tubes, lights from fish tank hoods,infra red lamps to relieve muscle sprain, in fact just about anything that I thought would work with wildly varying results, when asked everybody was an "expert" HA in the end I got bust with 150 seedlings, the cops were so chuffed calling me the farmer etc but when it got to court they had no evidence as all the plants had died! I got the last laugh £50 fine!!

11. respect!

12. You can most definitively plant his seed, though not knowing the sex, strain or quality of the seed, don't expect too much.

If you have plants already, keep this plant in a completely separate room, as if this plant is a male, or turns out to be a hermaphrodite, your female plans might be pollinated. This will cause them to put all their energy into producing seeds instead of THC.

If this plant turns out to be a male or hermaphrodite, it's alright. It's yield will be insufficient compared to a female's yield, but it's at least something!

Good luck, buddy! :)

13. That awesome moment when you find just 1 seed in your dank pickup of sinsemilla. I was lucky enough to get a seed of pineapple kush :)

14. [quote name='"thestonedstoner"']That awesome moment when you find just 1 seed in your dank pickup of sinsemilla. I was lucky enough to get a seed of pineapple kush :)[/quote]

Nice I got a blue berry yum yum seed.

15. Weed is typically weed to me. I never got into the strains. I know my Indicas from sativas but when it comes to names, no worry.

So much different stuff goes through my area that it would be impossible to keep one good strain around long.

I try a bunch then. And I'm constantly finding at least a seed per g. I've tried to keep the seeds of ones I like. I'm no grower and I'm not in the best position to, but for some reason if someone I knew wanted the seeds, at least I'd be passing on good strains.

16. Arent you cool

17. OP ur really tempting me to bash...

Anyway, the answer is yes. How else are seeds produced? With the plant of course. So it's natural to find seeds in product, and when of course the product is cured and shit but they don't do weird ass crap to it.. unless you're from a place I would never want to go