Can You Grow Autos All Year Long In A Greenhouse?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by RobertBaratheon, Jun 9, 2013.

1. I'm in washington and the winter days get pretty short. Can I grow autos year round without supplemental light?

2. you could do it without the supplimental light but they will be small and yield little - i would be more concerned about the temps during cold days and at night - you would need a heat source

3. all auto-flowering strains can be grown at any time of the year, the amount of light will affect yeild, next summer grow them early, the light in the beginning of the summer is stronger and i believe it has more uvb which makes it more potent, i read this on a thread about uvb on another forum. try growing at all times and find which has the best result. right now you could definitely grow an auto though

4. #6 pointswest, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    You can grow autos any time, but why would you waste the time and space in a greenhouse growing low yielding autos when you could easily grow a whole year's supply in one summer grow for you and all your friends with photoperiodic plants in one grow. A good analogy for autos is sample packages,you get to taste the product, but are left wanting more. Leave the "kiddie canna" autos to the 9th graders trying to grow in their parents house. Fill that house with photoperiodic plants.

PW