Can you give me an advice? I dont know what happens to me

Discussion in 'General' started by John Lennon, Dec 23, 2011.

1. To sum up, I have been feeling "sad", for about 2 years as far as I can remember. I dont want to do anything, I want to sleep all day. Even sex, I feel like I dont have the will to have sex anymore. I feel lonely. The relationship with my "old friends" its a disaster. I have a gf, and I really love her. However I feel like I should be a better bf because Im not that romantic and stuff.

All this time is like I wake up and I think "Yeah this is gonna be MY DAY, I will do everything right, it will be great" but about 30 minutes later im like "fuck everything" And all I wanna do is sleep. I feel shit, useless. To be honest I even thought of killing myself. But I never tried, well maybe just once, but I didnt.

I feel like Im a drama queen, but I swear I tried everything and this continues.

I remember once I had a fight at home, I went outside and smoke a joint. I felt great but at the same time there were some voices that kept telling me "YOURE USELESS IDIOT"

2. depression dude. your not useless, none is useless, pretty much everyone can be wonderful if they choose to be, its all about choices. if your feelin down go out and do everyhting that makes you happpy without hurting or costing anyone anything, like dont go smashin car windows and stealin shit for a rush (idk some people do crazy things for fun) just chill and be you. its the best way to come to terms with who you are and what you want and need out of life. also, maybe try and laugh and shit, its really good at making you and those around you feel good. BLAZEDD RAMBLE.

3. You're obviously struggling with depression. Lack of motivation is a tell-tale sign of a depressive disorder.

Go see a therapist.

4. yea.. depression. and i feel ya, i wouldent say i feel sad all the time, but i dont remember a time when i was "happy".. i live for my son and thats it.. ive been fucked over by too many people and ive lost all trust. but it is what it is.. find that something worth living for and go all out on it. for me its my son

5. #5 JesusGotBaked, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    Sounds like you're depressed.

This doesn't mean its a chemical inbalance, or that magical anti-depressants will solve your problems. Taking pills should be the last option, first try to talk to someone. We live in a shitty world, I feel depressed all the time man, but you can't live in that world of not caring. Life sucks, really, I know, but you can't let that control you. We're here on this earth for a blink of an eye, quite literally. The universe is 13.7 BILLION years old, humans are alive for maybe 60-100 years on average, that is nothing.

Don't feel so bad for yourself, you gotta get out in the world and do shit. Get a job, work for something, go to school, and do things you enjoy.

Doctors will too easily prescribe medication, especially anti-depressants, to try and fix all of your problems. Taking a magic pill isn't going to fix everything, I'll tell you that from personal experience. I took anti-depressants for years and they never fixed anything. The only thing that actually helped me, and continues to help me, is doing some self-searching and self-understanding, I try to figure out who I am, and why I exist, and what I want to do in life. Smoking really helps me do that. Medication should be the last choice in my opinion, or take medication along with therapy. But your problems should be able to be solved without anti-depressants unless you really do have a chemical inbalance.

I recommend talking to a therapist/psychologist to find out why you feel so bad. Maybe you already know why you feel like shit, maybe you're just sick of living like most depressed people, maybe you don't see the point, I know I sure as hell don't see any reason for life to exist. But that doesn't mean you should quit, keep going and trying to live till it's your time. A psychologist can help you try to understand your existence and why you do the things you do. Make the best of life, in an instant you'll be gone.

Do you want answers to life? Why we exist? Look up some videos of Carl Sagan, he provides many answers for us humans, he is a brilliant guy. He has helped me a lot to understand how small I am in the big picture, and show me my inevitable fate. Theres some more videos like this, it's a Carl Sagan tribute. Here's one to get you started.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8P1Y1a7-L4[/ame]