Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you get arrested for smelling like weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tseten, Dec 2, 2013.

1. #1 Tseten, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    I posted a topic pretty much exactly like this i know. but anyways if a cop pulls you over, and your not speeding what so ever, and they pull you over just because they wanted to, then the cop goes to your car and he smells weed. If i didnt act high at all, and my eyes werent red at all, would the cop be able to arrest me still? also i wouldnt have anything related to weed inside my car or on me. thanks?

Next question:
    Ive i was pulled over just like above, and my eyes were red and i acted high and it did not smell like weed. If the cop thinks im high, could i tell them i was "huffing paint thiner" or say that i was doing something like that, and thats why im acting weird and have red eyes. Would the cop be able to arrest me? i know buying paint thinner isnt illegal, but if you huff it i dont know?

cop claims a smell of weed and nothing else, he can strip search you and your vehicle AND search your body cavities...he can claim he pulled you over because you weaved, acted erratic, what ever the fuck he wants to claim.

cop pulls you over and you look high, act high, drive high and admit to huffing...your ass will be arrested for DUI and most likely a charge related to your huffing declaration.

...both cases have the car towed to the city/county ran impound lot...

3. #3 coraygc, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
     OP, I hope you wouldn't really tell them you were huffing paint thinner- that's just a terrible excuse.  

"Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"
    .."no..."

"Sir your eyes are red, have you been smoking marijuana?"
    ..""No officer, I was just huffing some paint thinner"

...  :hide:

4. Watch cops, that will give u your answer Sent from....... wouldn't you like to know. Probably your mamas house.

5. Yeah, I've heard you can be sentenced up to 5 years in prison if you stink extra bad.

6. No, you cannot be arrested if you are high. Maybe for driving under the influence, but I have been pulled over a couple times when I was high and it smelt like weed and they couldnt do anything other than search me.Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yes.  You can be arrested for even thinking about smelling like weed.   RUN!

8. You can be arrested for anything, Doesn't mean it will stick.

You can be high, smell like weed, and tell a police officer that you smoke a couple blunts before talking to him. Odds are thats guys gonna arrest you but marijuana laws are often about possession, production, distribution. Not the assumption of consumption.

9. On a real note, me and a friend got pulled over for " driving to perfectly" before midnight. Officer porks said he smelled marijuana, I told him we just smoked a blunt hoping that would just make him look in the car not call in back up and bring the whole damn night squad. After waisting God knows how many Maryland tax payers dollars by bringing more swine to the scene. They found NO weed even though I told the officer we just smoked a blunt and that's it, and literally was the truth, he didn't care. Cops are going to do what they want and If you say anything about it, it only makes it worse for you.

10. It is not illegal to be high. It is illegal to:Drive under the influence of any drugPosses cannabisDistribute cannabisGrow cannabisPosses drug paraphernalia

11. No. They can search, but if they don't find anything you're off clean. And huffing paint...that's stupid xD just say you're extremely tired and headed home.Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I think a cop is more likely to let a stoner go than a guy high on paint thinner driving