can you get arrested for being high?

Discussion in 'General' started by KushKreeper, May 17, 2011.

1. even if you don't have anything in your possession? i asked a cop today and he said yes under certain circumstances... when i asked him what "certain circumstances" meant he said it was none of my business and to move along.. what do you think blades?

2. if you're driving like an idiot, while high, yeah, you'll get arrested.

if you're just red-eyed and blazed sitting on the bench waiting for the bus, they can't do shit.

3. I bet you could, but they would have to drug test you and prove it before your actually arrested for being "high", so if you have nothing on you I would think that they will have a very hard time proving that your high. :)

4. that's what i thought but i've heard of a thing called internal possession.. like if the have reasonable suspicion that you're on a drug they can force you to take a drug test and then charge you from that?

5. Yeah its really only a problem if you're driving. I wouldn't go around talking about it though, they'll still try to find something they can charge you with.

6. Yeah I bet thats possible, but you would REALLY have to make that cop angry for them to go through that much of a process :)

7. or live in ultra conservative nazi town

8. haha yeah that too. I guess I wouldn't know because I dont live in that town :)

9. lucky.. a friend of mine got popped for 1 gram the other day they're charging him with felony possession and remanded his bail..

10. definatly not...we live out in the country and a cop came down the wrong road, and my dad was super baked with the red eyes and everything amd he went out there and talked to the cop for like five minutes, the he left and my dad came in and started laughin...it was funny as hell.

11. I hate getting directions to that place from Google Maps. They really need to rename Ultra Conservative Nazi Town to something shorter.

12. They did a while back, I think they call it Texas now.

_________

No, you cannot be arrested for being high unless you have marijuana on your person. Plain and simple. There is no "being high in public" charge. There IS public intoxication, but to charge you with that they need to prove you're under the influence, which they use a breathalyzer for. Obviously marijuana does not show up on a breathalyzer.

If you're driving like a maniac though, high as hell, they CAN charge you with a DUI.

13. How can you be charged with felony posession if it's a gram? I thought it needed to be like over an ounce?

14. Depends on the state.

15. #16 mushroomsatsuji, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No, there is no law against being high. Just possessing the substance.

Now if youre acting like a jackass, yeah, they will find sone reason to lock you up

16. #17 nb790, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011

might be possible... i know up by UCSB the cops can charge you for MIP if youre drunk. they consider your stomache to be a "container" for alcohol... so they fuck over the belligerently drunk kids walking through the streets in isla vista with a DIP and MIP

but for weed, itd be way harder to get it pinned on you since theyd have to drug test you... so most likely this wouldnt apply.

17. It's not illegal to be high. It is illegal to posses the thing that made you high, however.

18. It isn't against the law to be high...

but if you're driving and admit it it's a DUI, right?

19. I would think so. Driving while under the influence sooooo