can you figure this out??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by skronix, May 25, 2009.

1. #1 skronix, May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
    alright where to start i had all these babies flowering its 2 strands white widow and jamaican haze! they were all doing super good untill it happened! they all started turning yellow and all the fan leaves just dry out and fall off!!i have already lost 80% of all my fan leaves! i flushed em twice and am about to start back on 1/4 strengh nuttes!i used to have a swamp cooler in the room and long story it broke and ever since then i think my humidy aint been right in the room!im also using earth boxes for 8 of my 18 babies!

im using organic soil with with a 20% coco mixture
    compost and pea gravel mixture on the bottom
    im using ff tiger bloom 2tsp per gallon
    also was giving them ff big bloom 1/4 cup per gallon
    and was giving them molasses 1 tbsp per gallon
    my ph runoff is 7
    i water once a week ph all solutions at 6

the bottom three pics are the jamaican haze,the rest are WW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 AllIDoIsSmoke, May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
    possible root rot? Idk take a picture..

can you ph the runoff?

also how often do you water with the nutes?

3. the run off is 7
    i water them once a week
    anybody??????

4. flush your plants and its a nitrogen deficiency. your PH should be at 6.5

5. hey man, I hope we can figure out our problems have the plants gotten any better?

I think my problem was when i switched over from my distilled water to tap water and got a ph problem and my nuets got locked out. Today I started distilled again we will see how it goes.

6. well no signs of them getting any better!! im thinking its overfertilization! my first thoughts would be to believe its a nitrogen defeciancy!so im waiting on my last flush to dry then im gonna feed them something for the N deficiancy heres some new pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    all these leaves are from diff plants (2 strands)

7. ???anybody??? my babies are dying here!i just noticed too that the stems are getting really soggy and some are just leaning over as if there broke!!

8. did you flush it?

9. yeah gave them a good flush waited for them to dry out flushed em again but i added a lil bit of pestiside the 2nd time because i had hella gnats!but there still pretty wet since the last flush! im thinking i overwatered!but i was waiting on them to dry out real good befor i give them some N

10. Hi,

It looks like you have a number of different issues going on, and the root cause of your problem is probably nutrient lockout caused by a PH imbalance. Although your PH runoff is 7.0, this can be deceiving because prior nute feedings can build up in the soil and will take some time to completely flush through the soil. You should PH test your fert solution so you know exactly what is being fed into the soil, you might be surprised as to what the fert PH reading actually is.

1/4 cup of Big Bloom per gallon of water is way too much, you should only be using 1Tbl per gallon, the Big Bloom might in fact be the cause of your nutrient lockout, assuming you indeed have one. The yellowing of leaves is typically a result of Nitrogen deficiency, and your picture below is a Magnesium deficiency. There are also indications of red spots on this particular leaf which typically indicates a Calcium deficiency. So I'd say the chances are pretty good that you have a combination of Nitrogen/Magnesium/Calcium deficiency. If I had to take a wild guess I'd say the PH level of your fert solution is probably below 4.0, but again I'm just guessing at this point.

You are on the right track to flush with water, that is the first step to getting back to some form of stability. The next step is to PH test your fert solution and bring it in line with some PH Up / PH Down. Some Cal-Mag might not hurt either to bring the Calcium/Magnesium back in line, this is what ultimately saved my plant.

This picture of one of your leaves indicates a Magnesium/Calcium deficiency. It is identical to the problem I had with my plant.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps more than it counfuses

:)

11. My thread and this thread have taught me alot about this problem. Are you using distilled water or tap?

12. well put!! i noticed all the diff deficincys that were going on so i assumed flush first thing.so now im gonna start back at 1/2 strengh and cut backon everything else! thanks
    i use tap water but always ph it

13. oh ok cause Im thinking my problem started when i made the switch from distilled to tap water. The distilled water was 6.0 ph and the tap water was over the chart of 7.6 and thats a huge difference. Last grow i used distilled water and the grow went flawless.

14. i know its not the water i know that could help but i got a buddy that doesnt even ph his shit and he had a really good grow

15. You say your adding a quarter cup of fox farm liquid nutes per gallon??? If you look on the description of how to use it, it says something like 1/4-1/2 tablespoon per gallon. I'm not 100% sure, but i think ur over nuteing it.

16. on the bottle it says 2-3 teaspoons per gallon i believe.

17. i was added 1/4 cup ff big bloom! im oretty sure that it says give em that much if not more. coulda read it wrong .dont think so ! also my crop just finished i know my yield was effected by my defeciancys but the buds came out chronic! im super stoked it didnt effect my buds too much! thanks for all help!! it was much appreciated