Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can You Fake A Scale?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bdk2jw, May 21, 2013.

1. Ok so I was just wondering if it was possible to make a scale weigh less than it has? Like start the value at -.5 or something and then go up to trick a dealer? I'm not trying to do this. I just want to know.

2. #2 GanjFarmer', May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    yes if you want it to be-5.0. Put something that weighs 5 grams then press "tare". It will go back to 0 and when you take the item off it will read -5.0.

3. If you add something to a scale and then click the button to set to 0, when removed it will go into the minuses. The reason for this is sometimes your item/herb is in a jar and will allow you to weight without including the weight of the jar :)

4. Yeah you can tare it, but as soon as you turn if off and back on again it'll reset.  Plus it's pretty obvious when the guy sees the empty scale reads -5.0 instead of 0.0

5. Make sure you see the scales tare pressed with nothing on it before your dealer weighs.

This, what are you 13?

7. yeah dude people can rig scales, thats why its always nice to have your own properly calibrated digi scale, so u know the weight is always on point

8. #8 4PoCoLoKo, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    Invest your money into a cheap scale that will read up to 500g x 0.1g.
    Another thing that is quite simple and obvious to do but most people don't do is keep it on a level surface when weighing.