Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can you expand a lung doing bong rips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xXBcBuDXx, Apr 24, 2010.

1. #1 xXBcBuDXx, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    so last night i was hitting the bong(as usual) listening to Yes. then during the night after i passed out looking at the moon being really baked, i awoke with the most uncomfertable pain in the right side of my chest. and now it still hurts (2:32Pm) the next day. It hurts to breathe in more then a 1/4 of my full lung capacity and hurts alot more to breathe all the way out. i dont think ive collapsed a lung but i dont know. This hasnt ever happend to me for more then like an hour or so and its only happened maybe once or twice in eight years of smoking everyday, all day. but i do remember holding in a bigger then usual toke and it feeling a little weird. did i over-expand my lung? has this every happened to anyone before? im pretty much going to the clinic after this unless i get some confident feedback that itll fuck off soon. i want to blaze!!:confused:

2. It sounds like somthing i had gotten a few weeks ago, i have forgotten what its called somthing beginning with P but im real high right now and cant think,
    It felt like a sharp pain when i breathed far in and out,
    If it is then dont worry its nothing serious, i just took a few days off somkin and it went away.

But dont go for my advice till u find somthing legit out.

3. Sounds like you just pulled a muscle or something when you took that big hit. Did you cough any harder than normal? I've coughed really hard and pulled a muscle by my lung but the pain went away after a few days.

4. found out its called costochronditis (LOL CHRON) its when the main peice of cartiladge in your chest plate becomes in flamed (from smoking) and like peaceman said, hurts when taking a deep breath in or out. one of the many upsides of weed; being over precautious/paranoid!:hello:
    thanks for the imput guys:)

5. i have a bad back and once it got so bad i couldnt breathe in a full breath without intense pain ripping down my back and lung area, a doobie helped lol.

6. How long does it go on for?

7. Pluresy