Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you eat the leaves of the marijuana plant and get high?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by blazedqueen, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Can eating the marijuana leaves make you high? I don't mean the buds that you smoke, I mean the actual leaves on the plant.

2. AFAIK leaves themselves won't get you high but in east(specially India) they create different "juices" using cannabis plant which of course contains the leaves as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. But it doesn't have any psychoactive effects?

4. The leaves do have some psychoactive cannabinoids in them, but in very small concentrations. Smoking leaves is just pointless and wont really get you high, so you'd best be making a tincture of some sort.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ^This^
    Strain Hunters Jamaica Expedition(18:23)

• Like Like x 1
  6. There is a thread on here somewhere and there was also a YouTube video that showed a guy juicing marijuana leaves with coconut and citrus. He said it was psychoactive. Do a search on this forum and YouTube or even Google making a smoothie with leaves. There are a number of hits on GC about juicing leaves. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  7. If your a cat, maybe. I remember my cat Buddy ate some pot leaves, and it seemed like he got pretty stoned from it.

8. If smoking mari leaves would make High then marijuana would be easy to produce :) no need to wait for growing, It would be fun, High anytime :D

9. Th a and cbga synthase is only located in the apoplastic space of your trichome

In general secondary metabolites are toxic and must be held in a storage cavity to prevent cell deathand indeed thca and cbga cause 100% cell death in 10 day old suspension cultured cannabis sativa cells at 50um(through apoptosis)

Also if not decarbed the cannabinoids won't enter your brain to get you high