Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you dab ice wax or bubble hash?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by growprodigy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Hey blades, pretty soon I'm going to have quite a bit of sugar trim and I am going to make so ice wax or bubble hash... Whatever you want to call it. I was wondering can you dab this ?

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well yea some of it you can. Depends on certain variables like: genetics, quality, curing, size of trichs, etc.

Start off with good shit and youll end up with good shit. Assuming you did it right.

What process are you using?

3. I am going to use an 8 bag kit I bought of amazon and follow this video:

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wQzr0sstMA&

5. #5 1sttimegrower, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013

No. To dab you need some sort of solvent hash. The trichome heads use a lot of the nails heat and you end up vaping your chunk of hash rather than dabbing it.

If you have a domeless nail you can try using a hot hit wand or ceramic heating element and poke at it.

I recently made some dry sift hash (golden pure bubble) and it just vaped on the nail. I had to finish it up with a hakko soldering iron.

Im sorry but no. Genetics, bud quality, curing, etc have nothing to do with whether it will dab or not.

Assuming his bubble bags are good quality, he'll end up with varying grades of hash, some 'good shit' from literally every grade of starting material. Simply put, better starting material will get you better yields.(ignoring immaturity)

None of those grades will dab due to the presence of the trichomes themselves; the glands need to be burned and broken before the essential oils can be vaped.

6. Just make some bho.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/861215-How-To-Make-Good-Oil-Step-By-Step-With-Pictures

The oil you make from this method is dabable correct?

8. There's videos on youtube of guys dabbing solventless hash.  I honestly don't know, maybe check those out.

Got any links?

Yes, maybe check a few other methods out there for what may best accommodate your set-up. Using solvents to get rid of the tric husks is key; make sure your filtering is good.

Just search dabbing ice wax, solventless dabbing, etc. There's quite a few. Here's that tokindaily guy supposedly hitting some ice wax.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x38aBFDs2ZU

11. #11 Wiggibow, Sep 3, 2013
    people definitely dab bubble hash out there man. I've seen multiple vids of the guys at theCCC420 dabbing full melt, here's one: http://youtu.be/cL7llqb3rNI

12. What would you recommend as the best cheap yet effective way?

13. #13 1sttimegrower, Sep 3, 2013
     Then I take back what I said. My bad; just that my dry-sift just sorta melted and vaped. I assumed that's what happens. I guess with small processing and application of heat you can break the tric heads and get more of an oil rather than a solid - I attempted the dab right after the sift

I generally use Isopropyl as a solvent. I simply prefer the way the hash behaves as an end product, and the high as compared to other hash.

I fill a jar with loose buds and trim. I then pour in the solvent (isopropyl alcohol 91% or 99%) until it completely covers the materials. Then pour the liquid through a filter; to get better purity pour the slush through a wire-mesh strainer into another container, and then pour that liquid through the coffee filter.

Make sure to purify your end product if you do decide to make solvent hash - you don't want to smoke iso nor butane. Advice given to me has been throw your pyrex, when the liquid has evaporated and the hash is dry, in the oven for 1 hour for each gram of hash at 140 degrees F(lowest setting).

Yield for weight of materials for QWISO can range from 10% to 20% depending on quality of starting materials. For loose trim and buds, expect 13-15% for outdoor and 15-20 for indoor. For the oven, ballpark 15%.

Edit: if you bought the bubble bags already, why not make bubble hash?
    You might be able to dab the highest grade with some processing. And honestly, smoking bubble isn't bad - why the need to dab?

14. Do you notice any difference with the 91 vs 99 as far as potency or quantity?

15. #15 1sttimegrower, Sep 3, 2013
    Probably. If you can get 99%, get it. It'll greatly speed the time needed for evaporation, and give you better quality hash over 91%. that difference of 8% is water, and will work to extract things you dont really want to smoke/dab

Theory:

91% might get you a greater yield of lower potency hash.
    99% might get you a more pure product

Reality:

between 91 and 99, you probably will only notice evaporation times. Get what is cost effective. 99% is extremely pricey compared to 91%, in my experience. If you're looking at 99% iso, might as well start thinking about hexane instead.

16. #16 Wiggibow, Sep 3, 2013

Also I don't know where you're getting the idea that vaporizing is a bad thing; dabbing IS vaporizing, more or less. One of the reasons many connoisseurs recommend you never heat your nail up red hot is to make sure you're vaporizing and not combusting; combustion destroys more of the stuff you want out of your dab

17. Eh, I know. I just didnt want to get technical; people know what conventional dabbing is, and what conventional vaping. I know nails are supposed to vape :p

The tric heads do combust though, which is why I tried to make that designation between the two

18. Braj right here is spreading mis information like its no ones business. 

Ok you probably know some shit but please stop spreading this bullshit.

If it dont shatter it dont matter...

Too many retards out there making bho so make sure you do the proper steps if you go that direction. You dont want "poop soup".

OP if youd like more info on Ice wax I can send you a very helpful link. Just PM me

19. Pm me ;). And I think I'm going to run half my trim into oil and half into ice wax.

20. #20 1sttimegrower, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
     Back up what you say other you might be doing the same ;)

When you dab, you want your hit to disapear into vapor. true or false?
    When I dabbed trics in a hit the same size as I would oil, about 1/4 vaporized while the rest fizzled and used up the nails heat.  I know dabbing is vaping, but what I'm getting at is that for bubble you can't take the same sized hits (in my experience.)

Please tell me how genetics, bud quality, and curing will affects whether or not it will dab. Lmao, those don't affect the physical properties of the hash. Not to the point of allowing a chunk to be adequately dabbed. Dont just call my reasoning stupid, without evidence to back yourself up.

If you can't dab dry sift, how do you propose one to dab bubble...? In essence, the processing is the same.

Edit: also, read the entire thread before making a post. Just a suggestion, but it may save some trouble.