Can you cure weeds twice? to increase potency/smell/quality?

Discussion in 'General' started by willupdatewithanwsers, Jan 15, 2019.

1. But I’d like to hear ur method. The growing is coming fairly easy. It’s getting a good drying and curing method that works for me that I need to come up with. Which in the end it’ll prob be a variation of what different ppl use...

2. Curing method? I raise my humidity up to around 65% - 70% and do a nice slow dry for around a week but usually more. After the first stems snap it’s time to final trim and cure. I use 1 gallon mason jars with 3 or 4 Boveda 62’s.
    3 week minimum curing time to. Personal stash I usually cure for 6 weeks+

• Like Like x 1
  3. So that’s interesting that during flower and pre harvest you dry them out. Then once their off the plant the humidity is raised again, neat process

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Do u cure in a closed off room?

5. [​IMG]
    32 x 32 tent for my rooms. In the outdoor season we use three 60 foot storage shipping containers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I chop, remove large fan leaves, hang whole plant for 7-10 days till branches snap, remove buds n fan leaves 1 branch at a time, put in jars, burp for a hour a day for a week, then 45 min a day for a week, then 30 min a day for a week, then 15 min a day for a week, then I open them for 15 min a day for 2 weeks then they get the bovida pack at 62%. And their not open again till I’m smoking that jar.
    This is how I’ve always done it and have never had an issue I don’t bother with humidity only temp room has to be at least 65*.

7. I appreciate the work you put into your post. I don't know if there was some misunderstanding but I was only saying curing doesn't increase the potency, the THC content. I agree with the benefits of curing.

Potency is the percentage of THC (or THCA). You list of the benefits of curing but the only one that would affect potency is loss of moisture and I don't consider losing moisture to be a valid way to increase potency, moisture only dilutes. That's why the potency percentages for bud we see advertised is listed as percentage of dry product and dry means desiccated.

8. Of course you can rehydrate dried out bud but that doesn't mean the metabolic processes of curing will continue where it left off which was his point. If I had uncured overly dry bud I'd rehydrate it and at least try to cure it, I'm sure it helps because like most of us I've done it.

9. Currently what I’m doin. I’ve been told yes u can and no u can’t. What I don’t need is technical blah blah. What I do need is someone who has experienced enough times and has done/attempted it enough to know if it works or not.

10. I've been growing for 45 years. I don't think your question can be answered with a yes it works or a no it don't work. If you have a problem with some poorly cured bud then jarring with a 62% Boveda for a few weeks will certainly improve it's smell. If it's overly dry it's lost much of it's terps (they evaporate easily) and they won't come back so the smell will never be what it could have been. It may or may not help with harshness, much of that is set during the grow. It'll work better some times than others, it just depends on what's going on with your bud. Curing will not make your weed more potent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Never said or thought it did.

I don’t think anything as Evaporatored from the bud. It wasn’t in a hot area 72-75 in room they was in. Just was lazy and it hung to long then sat on a tray in a working fridge. I don’t know exactly what the RH of the bud got down to but they are all at about 57 now with a integra 62 pack in jar. Time will tell if curing over dried bud works. It’ll take me awhile once I start smoking it to get to the last jars. I’ll see if they are smoother then the rest

• Like Like x 1
  12. Technically ur buds get more potent during the drying phase

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Nice to know it’s common practice. Now I need the insight from said ppl on how the over dried bud was when smoked compared to after they attempted to rehydrate and cure

14. I’ve been there and done that. Think of it as putting rubbing alcohol on ur arm. 30 seconds later the alcohol and smell’s gone and there no way to get it back unless adding more alcohol. Same concept with over dried bud. If you want the “dank” smell i would suggest adding a few drops of terpenes into your curing car.... not to much though cause I’ve over used it and had a jar of weed smell like a bag of skittles and not weed.... taste good though :::bong rip::::::

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hold on a sec there Ed..... don’t think I’m being a jerk but your profile says age 28 and you just said you’ve been growing for 45 years? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. I wasn't born on April Fools Day like my profile says either. I'm 69 and I don't think you are a jerk at all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lmao. Disagree.. one sec

18. I figured you weren’t lying. Some people get upset if you talk call them on there bullpoop.
    As for this other guy in the conversation I’m pretty sure he’s quote arguing with himself...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I like the various taste and smells but I’d live without them to have smooth weed. Which is why I’m hopin even tho over dried they still cure and break down those unwanted substances

• Like Like x 1