Can you clone without aero?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dsmreaper, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Just curious, has anyone used a drip system to place clones in, I ask because I have an extra 6 plant drip/dwc type setup, and wondered in case I got a couple bag seed that have good traits I would take some good clones. Or can they be placed in dirt if I dip them in rooting hormone for extra assurance? I could do that then grow me some organic(somewhat) at the same time.

2. i only use dirt to make clone jsut get beer cup cutting dip in root stuff and plant should see root's in 5 to 10 days

3. Will the roots or root buds ever be exposed to light and air? If so, just use dirt and cloning dip. You can always wash the dirt off and DWC/drip in a couple weeks when they get some roots going. I always use dirt to put cuttings in, whether they will go in dirt or hydro. It just works better that way for me. With dirted clones, about 99.5 % success, with drip/DWC, much less success, from my tries anyway.

4. Sweet guys thanks, I only plan on doing standard clones for a while, when I get my setup the way I want I will be doing tissue culture, after doing some reading, it will suit me better, and plus it's just cool to open a cabinet and see like a hundred little glass jars, all with one or more mini cannabis plants in there.