Can You 'Chase the Dragon' With Weed?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by purplemudkip, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In case you don't know, chasing the dragon is a smoking method commonly used with other drugs in which one takes foil, puts the drug on top of the foil, lights the foil from the bottom and sucks the smoke through a straw. Since this appears to be an efficient/effective method for some substances, I'm curious. Can you do this with weed? Has anyone ever tried it? Does it work?

Yes, I know that it's bad for you to smoke off of foil and all that stuff. This is just curiosity.

2. Yes, but this is soooo unhealthy for you it's unbelievable.

3. Never smoke tinfoil...

4. I've put weed in a litte jar and heat it up with a torch. but that was a method of vaporizing. i don't know what the foil would do but to maybe also vaporize it since there will be no combustion involved. It won't get you very high unless you have a very low tolerance or are only used to vaporizing weed and never combusting it.

5. yeah I've done that before, but what I don't understand is why heroin addicts/oxycotton addicts don't use lightbulbs/jars but use the foil method instead.

6. i ride the snake.

[​IMG]

ride the snake

7. cause those things might not always be available to them. a lot of the times most people don't really know the dangers of smoking using foil. I always say if it's the only thing available that you should never use it for an extended period of time and that you should as much as possible change the foil after each and every hit. foil is cheap and easily accessible.

8. Already inadvertently turning into a 'other drug' thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.