Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you be a stoner without smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mlrock, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Lately, I've come to believe that the stoner identity is less about the consumption of weed and more of an attitude and culture generally associated with people who smoke weed. I think that a person can completely quit smoking or have never smoked at all and still be a stoner in terms of their view that weed should be legalized as well as their life philosophy, sense of humor, taste in music, choice of slang, etc. Does anyone else agree with this?

2. no, a stoner is one who smokes mary jane and treats her with respect

3. That'd make you a poser

4. to me the word stoner is someone who smokes weed and gives that stereotype of being a lazy pot smoker... a "stoner"
    i think it's a shitty word to describe someone who smokes weed..

just my .02

5. Fuck labels.

6. You can be a stoner without smoking weed. There's edibles, vaporizing and hash alternatives. However it is required that you consume cannabis in some form.
    If you didn't consume it at all,

7. No OP. Just no. Noone will agree with you.

8. A stoner is some one who gets stoned. If you don't blaze your not getting stoned. Your being a poser.

9. there IS an image associated with "stoners". not to people who actually smoke weed, though. cause we know from being in the scene that there is a whole ton of different kinda people smokin the shit.

but yea when some 41 year old soccer mom rolls down the road and sees a kid with a faded t-shirt, snapback cap and a scruff she's gonna think he's a stoner or something similar. think about it and you guysll know what I'm saying lol

10. Your not a stoner unless you get stoned.....
    stupid thread is stupid

11. A person who dresses like a stoner without actually smoking weed is just a guy trying to be a cool, and being a bitch at the same time.

12. If someone lived a stoner lifestyle and didnt smoke weed thatd be pretty sad.

To quote Katt Williams "if you dont got a good job, and ARENT smoking weed, I have no idea what you're doing with your life"

13. it's all about perception man

14. in my opinion you can be a stoner and not smoke, but only if you smoked in the past (and i don't mean just a few times). but if someone has never smoked, they can be into the culture as much as they want but they will never be able to relate.

15. No, I do not agree.

16. Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

A stoner is someone who gets stoned. Simple.

17. OP, dont be such a fart knocker

18. I guess i kinda agree, i mean if sum1 was a huge stoner, smoking weed everyday, and got a girlfriend or a job or something that made them quit, and they still dressed and acted like they did, then i guess yeah id say hes a stoner, but if someones never even touched it, then its kinda i guess like being a poser....

19. No, in my opinion a stoner is one who gets stoned. Dumb thread is dumb.