Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can weed go bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johnybravo, Dec 14, 2011.

1. can it? like if i have a quarter in just a baggie can it go bad?

2. it can go super dry? and if you try to add moisture it could mold, but unless you save it for a ridiculous amount of time. nah i dont think it will go "bad"

3. growers sometimes save a bag for months or years in a freezer

4. Yes, if you leave it exposed to the elements it has potential to go bad. Simple solutions that will make your weed smoke able for years is to get a air tight glass jar for it. It's shelf life will then be pretty much as long as you'll ever need.

5. It can grow mold. I think that's the only thing that really happens to it, other than drying out.

6. oh ok its just in a bag in my drawr plau il probly smoke it before it can go bad

7. As long as it's sealed nice and good, the quality won't be affected. Even if it's slightly open, it would take a good amount of time for it to seriously lose quality.

I've left a rolled joint out for a week and realized I did and smoked it and it was just as good as the bud I had locked up...

Get a glass jar or mason jar if you want to keep it perfect.

8. Their have been a few threads where people have supposedly found bud from the 70s. I think one was like he found a nug of his dad's from the 70s and smoked it with his dad? I'm pretty sure he is still around to. So, no weed can not "expire" it can however grow mold which you would probably notice.

9. It sometimes seems the potency has increased after time. Its probably all in the head though.

10. If it's too moist is can grow mold or it get can get too dry. I've heard it loses potency overtime but my friend's gay dads were complete hippies in the 70s. We found their stash (it hadn't been touched in 20 years) and we smoked it.. it got us high just fine.

11. Hi. I hope I'm not out of line, here, but when I was a young guy and we wanted to rehydrate some excessively-dried out weed, the solution was to shave off just the outermost zest of a lemon, orange, grapefruit or lime -about the size of a little fingernail for each gram. Place the zest in a small glass jar with the dry weed for several hours or overnight. The zest will wrinkle up and dry out like a piece of leather. Check the weed to see if it has become more pliable. If not, then repeat the process. Eventually, the weed will rehydrate quite a bit. No, it doesn't make everything taste like lemons, either.