Can weed cause cancer? what about Carcinogens?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ibradabeast, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Ive smoked weed about 10 times in the past 7 months. Im scared now after hearing this. Ive always looked at weed as the friendly "drug".

Please present facts to make me feel better. If it is in fact dangerous than i guess i'll have to break up with Mary Jane </3

2. 10 times in the past 7 months? And your worried about it causing cancer? Get the fuck out...

The truth is LIVING LIFE causes cancer. How many lives do you get to live? Only one. Just enjoy yourself and deal with the obstacles that god has presented you with as they come.

3. #3 canibuss, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    lol no weed does not cause cancer. i smoke about three times a day at least, and i have for the last three years. i never cough up flem, i swim, i work out, and i function great. Marijuana contains a lot of good things like anti inflammatories, anti oxidants, and on top of that its a great pain reliever. a lot of people even use it for mood swings and depression. If your worried about carcinogens.. the worst thats gonna happen is well.. nothing (maybe you'll get a cough? idk..).

BUT BUT BUT if you still are worried about toxins and what not you could get a carbon filter to take all of them out. thats what i did, and i feel much cleaner now

4. #4 AfganiKush, Aug 12, 2012

Doesnt look like you guys were ever really goin steady :laughing: But honestly you have nothing to worry about. Im sure theres tons of people who have smoked more than 7 times in the last 24 hours, dont think you have much to fear. Weed smoke is nothing like tobacco smoke, dont worry about it. If you are truely concerned about your health; start vaping your weed or switch to concentrates and cut out any risks by eliminating the plant matter. I dab maybe 10-12 times a day, and can certainly say its much easier on the lungs. I smoked weed daily for years w/o any problems and i know many people who have been smoking daily for 5+ years and are fine. Dont let the propaganda scare you away.:D

5. Get a vape

6. Troll.

7. 10 times in the past 7 months and your worried??? I've smoked 10 times in the past 7 hours and Im not worried.

8. type in 'PBS Montana - The Truth about Cannabis' to youtube, watch the documentary and see that not only is there no link between cannabis and cancer but in fact several components could possible shrink tumors and prevent certain cancers altogether.

10 times in 7 months lol. Should you even be on this forum?

9. Lol, you're fucking me.

Quit being such a pussy. You've gotta be like twelve, I doubt even a high schooler would ask this... Enough said?

10. The ignorance appalls me. I weep for the younger generations of useless dumb people. That's why I stay in the woods where its safe. Now go smoke a doobie. :)

11. I swear to god, some people are freaking clueless. Of course smoking weed raises your possibilities of having cancer. It's smoke you're inhaling. But again, even not smoking it you can have lung cancer.

12. weed will not give you any type of cancer.
    the smoke is relatively clean and compared to cigaretts it's practically air. most cancers are caused by diet and stress so if anything it will prevent it by keeping our stress down :smoke: and 7 times in the past 10 months is like not smoking at all. it's not even considered recreation

13. Yep yep it sure as hell does ... a great big 'ol hole ... a great great BIG 'ol hole ... right through my bank account ... hehehe:p ... But, we all love it just the same!:rolleyes: The only thing weed does do is help you be more of the person you already are ... think about it. It's been said a billion and a billion times over again ... weeds been around from the beginning of man, man has smoked it ever since, not one single report directly linked to weed ... so light up and smoke up any way you want to.:smoke:

14. Weed does NOT cause cancer it prevents it. Hence Why medical marijuana is legal.

I've smoked weed everyday for the past 3 years and I have never come across a problem. I've been diagnosed with ADHD and anxiety disorder and ever since I started smoking every symptom from both those disorders disappeared completely. Marijuana helps A LOT more than it hurts.

Tommy Chong was diagnosed with prostate cancer and after taking a dose of hemp oil every night he is now 95% clear of cancer and healthy

Hopefully that helped a little bit

15. Just remember marijuana has caused zero deaths

16. yea your inhaling smoke not your ordinary oxygen. idgaf what anyone says even if your dabbing combustion is bad for your lungs.

17. i call shannigans... not trolling

18. #18 Storm Crow, Aug 12, 2012
    Does weed cause cancer? :laughing:

The first place a cancer should strike, if cannabis caused cancer, would be the lungs! Tashkin showed that smoking cannabis actually REDUCED the chance of lung cancer. Folks who smoked cannabis had a LOWER rate of cancer than non-smokers! :eek: That argues for a protective effect! :smoke:

Marijuana Use and the Risk of Lung and Upper Aerodigestive Tract Cancers: Results of a Population-Based Case-Control Study (full - 2006) http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/15/10/1829.full

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    {Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer. -- Preet et al. 2007 (1): 4749 -- AACR Meeting Abstracts

Or more simply-

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

Then there are these!

Cannabis Agonist Reduces Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Tumor Growth, says study
    (news - 2008) Illinois NORML - Cannabis Agonist Reduces Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Tumor Growth, says study

Study Finds No Association Between Marijuana Use And Incidence Of Oral Cancer (news - 2004) Study Finds No Association Between Marijuana Use And Incidence Of Oral Cancer

Active cannabis chemicals halt prostate cancer cell growth (news - 2009)
    Active cannabis chemicals halt prostate cancer cell growth

Unpublished Federal Study Found THC-Treated Rats Lived Longer, Had Less Cancer (news - undated)
    The Medical Marijuana Magazine

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer through Cdc2 Regulation (full - 2006) ÃŽ”9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer Cells through Cdc2 Regulation

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells (news - 2007)
    Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

The dual effects of delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol on cholangiocarcinoma cells: anti-invasion activity at low concentration and apoptosis induction at high concentration. (abst – 2010) The dual effects of delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabi... [Cancer Invest. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Marijuana takes on colon cancer (news - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Marijuana takes on colon cancer - health - 01 August 2008 - New Scientist[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] Marijuana Compound Induces Cell Death In Hard-To-Treat Brain Cancer
    (news – 2011) Marijuana Compound Induces Cell Death In Hard-To-Treat Brain Cancer

Anti-Tumor Effects (news - 2001) http://www.ukcia.org/research/AntiTumorEffects.htm

THC in marijuana may block the spread of forms of cancer causing herpes viruses
    (news - 2004) THC in marijuana may block the spread of forms of cancer causing herpes viruses

[FONT=&quot]Cancer Killer (news - 2004) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Latest News - U.S. War on Drugs Stalling Mind-Blowing Research into Pot's Cancer-Healing Properties

I have a LOT more! In the new July 2012 edition of "Granny's List", there are over 40 pages of links on how cannabis and cannabinoids slow, stop the spread, and kill cancers! If you want a free PDF copy of my List, send me an email (see the bottom of my sig). :yay:

And if possible, when asking for my List, please do not use hotmail accounts! My List is just too darn big for hotmail, and I have to send it in chunks, rather than the whole PDF. More work for me, and more inconvenience for you!

Granny :wave:
    [/FONT]

19. Theres no combustion when dabbing:confused_2:

20. lets not get to excited. Cannabis has caused deaths.......but there has been no overdose deaths.