Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can weed be dried out too much?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tokey123, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I dried my weed out by putting it under a lamp as I like weed that grinds up easily. I forgot about it though and now it seems a little too dry, I can grind it up using my fingers and it doesn't smell as strong anymore.
    Does this affect the potency in any way?

2. Smoke it and if you don't die tell us how it is.

3. Heat, air, and light exposure, all rapidly decay and deteriorate potency, once the plant has been killed. Generally, you should dry your bud as slowly as possible, then store in a well-sealed, cool, dark place, with a very small amount of humidity.. enough to keep it fresh, not enough to invite mold and other negative pathogens. If you want it super dry for whatever reason, the best and safest time to accomplish this, is by simply air-drying it additionally, just prior to smoking.

The longer it's been off the plant, and the older the herb, the more rapidly it will decay when exposed to the above mentioned elements.

If you choose to quick-dry again, you'll need to be very cautious that you don't over do it, otherwise you'll end up with the same result. You can attempt to rehydrate your bud, but it's not going reclaim the quality it may have had, had it been done correctly in the first place. Good luck!