Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can we clear up this T-break B/S?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StrainParty, May 6, 2013.

1. I have smoked on and off for more than half a year now. I have done quite a few tolerance breaks in that time and what I have noticed is that they don't work unless you're mentally removing weed from your thoughts and mind in general.

Breaks I have taken:
    • 3 days
    • 5 days
    • 1 week
    • 1 month

Things I have noticed:
    1. It's all mental.
    2. T-breaks are bull shit by itself.
    3. Just get your mind off the weed for a while (very important) or else you wont see a difference at all.

You won't notice a difference in 1 day or even 30 days if you don't make a change mentally

2. So if I stop smoking weed for one day and totally keep it off my mind for that whole day, tomorrow when I smoke it will be like my first time?

3. I doubt 1 day is going to make a difference either way.

4. they have worked for me :)

5. How long was your break(s)? Did anything major or even minor that gave you a different outlook on life?

6. I don't know how they don't affect others. I usually take a 2 week t-break nd I definitely don't ignore/forget/avoid weed during that time. Shit , its the only thing that keeps me on the break, just thinking about how good the next toke will be nd how high ill get. But yeah they definitely affect me nd I smoke once or twice daily.

7. i stopped smoking 5 days ago cold turkey after smoking basically every day other than a couple of weeks off for over 3 years....

the first day i didnt even notice, and since then i been feeling pretty damn good. i would like to smoke at some points during the day like when im chilling watching TV id usually smoke a bowl but now i just do it sober. felt weird at first but now i kind of like it......

maybe its because of all the turkey cold cuts ive been eating though

8. So are you constantly thinking about weed or every so often?

9. I notice a significant difference if I am smoking daily and then stop for one day and then smoke the next day. So...

10. #10 theportableshoe, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
    Dude, thats purely anecdotal evidence. I.E; your experience.

T-breaks definitely work, and I'm pretty sure whether you are thinking about it or not has no/very little effect. It has to do with the cannabinoid receptors repairing. When you get high the THC attaches to those receptors (correct me if I'm wrong), later it detaches, destroying those receptors. That's why lots of people recommend taking fish oil supplements because they aid in the speed of the repairing process.

11. It is certainly not all mental. Your body/brain becomes used to taking in THC on a daily basis. Marijuana tolerance, in this sense is the same as tolerance to any drug you take

Not sure what you mean by the 2nd point..

Whether or not you think about weed multiple times every day when on a break( like me at the moment), taking a break from smoking is going to decrease your tolerance..giving you the ability to get a lot higher than you would have been able to before your break

12. LOL...

Tolerance breaks work...I use them all the time.

After smoking weed for years you figure it out. You can certainly build up a tolerance, and the effects of smoking won't be as great.

13. And 6 months smoking on and off is nothing to tolerance compared to smoking every day for multiple years. You have prob never had a high tolerance, which would explain your position

14. So ur saying that thinking about weed is the only factor and not the physical tolerance that our bodies build up?

... Sorry buddy . Not how it works

15. OP obviously if you've been smoking on and off for only 6 months you don't have the same tolerance a lot of seasoned Tokers on here do. I've been smoking just about everyday for about 2.5 years missing maybe 10-15 days here and there. No disrespect, but it does take some time to build up a high tolerance and once it's pretty high you'll find your T breaks will be more substantial and you'll definitely notice a difference. :smokin:

16. T breaks are different for every one. They work for me my tolerance gets pretty high after a few days break I feel like brand new .

17. a one day T-break will work. And thats not true. When I took my first T break I thought about smoking a few times for a week and still got super high

Also, by the OPs logic, if you NEVER think about smoking weed or weed itself but smoke it then you'll never get a tolerance? Or smoke a bowl then dont think about it until you smoke another. lol

18. Then why is it that everytime i quit for 2-3 weeks i get higher when i start smokin again

19. Disagree, I notice a difference when I just don't blaze for 24 hours

20. Learn how to science OP.